Affiliation: University College London
- A school-based randomized controlled trial of peer-led sex education in EnglandJ M Stephenson
Department of Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Royal Free and University College London Medical School, London, United Kingdom
Control Clin Trials 24:643-57. 2003....
- HIV risk-reduction in adolescentsJudith Stephenson
Department of Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London WC1E 6AU, UK
Lancet 363:1177-8. 2004
- Pupil-led sex education in England (RIPPLE study): cluster-randomised intervention trialJ M Stephenson
Centre for Sexual Health and HIVResearch, Department of Primary Care and Population Sciences, Royal Free and University College London, London, UK
Lancet 364:338-46. 2004..We examined the effectiveness of one form of peer-led sex education in a school-based randomised trial of over 8000 pupils...
- The long-term effects of a peer-led sex education programme (RIPPLE): a cluster randomised trial in schools in EnglandJudith Stephenson
Department of Infection and Population Health, Division of Population Health, University College London, London, UK
PLoS Med 5:e224; discussion e224. 2008..To assess the effectiveness of one form of school-based peer-led sex education in reducing unintended teenage pregnancy, we did a cluster (school) randomised trial with 7 y of follow-up...
- NICE guidance and the National Chlamydia Screening ProgrammeJudith Stephenson
Department of Sexually Transmitted Diseases, UCL Medical School, The Mortimer Market Centre, Mortimer Market, off Capper Street, London WC1E 6AU, UK
Sex Transm Infect 83:170. 2007
- Interest in having HPV vaccination among adolescent boys in EnglandAlice S Forster
Cancer Research UK Health Behaviour Research Centre, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, UCL, Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT, UK
Vaccine 30:4505-10. 2012..No recommendation has been made in England although there have been calls to widen access to the vaccine. This study aimed to assess boys' willingness to have HPV vaccination, eliciting reasons for their decisions...
- Are one-stop shops acceptable? Community perspectives on one-stop shop models of sexual health service provision in the UKC Griffiths
Centre for Sexual Health and HIV Research, University College London, Mortimer Market Centre, off Capper Street, London WC1E6JB, UK
Sex Transm Infect 84:395-9. 2008..We aimed to assess acceptability of different one-stop shop models (a young people's, an all ages (mainstream) and a general practice service) of sexual health provision among different community groups...
- Sexually transmitted infection risk exposure among black and minority ethnic youth in northwest London: findings from a study translating a sexually transmitted infection risk-reduction intervention to the UK settingM Gerressu
Centre for Sexual Health and HIV Research, University College London, London, UK
Sex Transm Infect 85:283-9. 2009..The Young Brent Project explored the nature and context of sexual risk-taking in young people to inform the translation of an effective clinic-based STI reduction intervention (Project SAFE) from the USA to the UK...
- Passport to promiscuity or lifesaver: press coverage of HPV vaccination and risky sexual behaviorAlice Forster
Cancer Research UK Health Behaviour Research Centre, University College London, London, United Kingdom
J Health Commun 15:205-17. 2010....
- Use of contraception by women with type 1 or type 2 diabetes mellitus: 'it's funny that nobody really spoke to me about it'Jill Shawe
Institute for Women s Health, University College London, UK
Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care 16:350-8. 2011..To understand factors which promote or discourage use of contraception in women with diabetes mellitus (DM). To identify contraceptive knowledge, skills and attitudes of health professionals involved in diabetes care...
- Sexual behaviour, condom use, and disclosure of HIV status in HIV infected heterosexual individuals attending an inner London HIV clinicS S Dave
GUM HIV, Mortimer Market Centre, off Capper Street, London WC1E 6AU, UK
Sex Transm Infect 82:117-9; discussion 119-20. 2006..The National Strategy for Sexual Health and HIV for England (2001) emphasised the role of HIV services in reducing secondary transmission of HIV through prevention work with HIV infected people...
- How do women feel about their cervical cytology samples being used for research?Caroline Coope
Research Department of Infection and Population Health, University College London, London, UK
J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care 38:30-4. 2012..Women attending a clinic for their routine smear test were recruited to the study. Semi-structured interviews were conducted with a subsample of the women to explore acceptability issues...
- Addressing sexual health needs: a comparison of a one-stop shop with separate genitourinary medicine and family planning servicesRebecca S French
Department of Social and Environmental Health Research, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, UK
J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care 36:202-9. 2010....
- Population dynamics and climate change: what are the links?Judith Stephenson
Research Department of Reproductive Health, Institute of Women s Health, UCL, London, UK
J Public Health (Oxf) 32:150-6. 2010..The contribution of population growth, migration, urbanization, ageing and household composition to mitigation and adaptation programmes needs urgent investigation...
- Understanding adolescents' intentions to have the HPV vaccineAlice S Forster
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London, Cancer Research UK Health Behaviour Research Centre, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
Vaccine 28:1673-6. 2010..Some 'non-intenders' were opposed to vaccinations altogether. The HPV vaccine is likely to be popular but non-intenders' views may be difficult to change...
- Risk factors for tuberculosis in patients with AIDS in London: a case-control studyJ del Amo
MRC UK Centre for Co ordinating Epidemiological Studies of HIV and AIDS, Department of STD, Mortimer Market Centre, London, UK
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 3:12-7. 1999..To identify risk factors for the acquired immune-deficiency syndrome (AIDS) associated with tuberculosis, in patients with AIDS attending 11 of the largest human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)/AIDS Units in London...
- A formative evaluation of the potential role of nurse practitioners in a central London HIV outpatient clinicC Griffiths
Department of Primary Care and Population Science, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, UK
AIDS Care 18:22-6. 2006..Funding pending, nurse practitioner roles are planned for implementation in late 2004. Evaluation will determine impact on service utilization, health and economic outcomes...
- Teenage conceptions, abortions, and births in England, 1994-2003, and the national teenage pregnancy strategyPaul Wilkinson
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Lancet 368:1879-86. 2006..The aim of this study was to quantify the change in the number of conceptions and abortions among women younger than 18 years in England in relation to the government's national teenage pregnancy strategy...
- Process evaluation in randomised controlled trials of complex interventionsAnn Oakley
Social Science Research Unit, Institute of Education, University of London, London WC1H ONR
BMJ 332:413-6. 2006