Affiliation: University of Leeds
- Anxiety disorders in cancer patients: their nature, associations, and relation to quality of lifeD Stark
Cancer Research UK Clinical Centre at Leeds, St James s University Hospital, and Academic Unit of Psychiatry and Behavioural Sciences, School of Medicine, University of Leeds, Leeds, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 20:3137-48. 2002....
- Reassurance and the anxious cancer patientD Stark
The Cancer Research UK Clinical Centre at Leeds, St James s University Hospital, Beckett Street, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
Br J Cancer 91:893-9. 2004..Some reassurance was counterproductive for the most anxious patients. Oncologists may need to use reassurance as a procedure, balancing risk, and benefits, and patient selection and to manage cancer patients in remission...
- Self-reported quality of life of individual cancer patients: concordance of results with disease course and medical recordsG Velikova
Imperial Cancer Research Fund Cancer Medicine Research Unit, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 19:2064-73. 2001....
- Quality of life instruments in oncologyG Velikova
ICRF Cancer Medicine Research Unit, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, U K
Eur J Cancer 35:1571-80. 1999....
- The initial development of an item bank to assess and screen for psychological distress in cancer patientsA B Smith
Cancer Research UK, Clinical Centre, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Psychooncology 16:724-32. 2007..Additional items are required to more accurately assess patients across the whole continuum of psychological distress...
- 'Listening to Patients': what is the value of age-appropriate care to teenagers and young adults with cancer?S Marris
Undergraduate Medical School, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 20:145-51. 2011..Some of these needs are unmet in non-specialist units. There remains, however, a paucity of rigorous comparative studies quantifying the value of specialist cancer care for this patient group...
- Cancer incidence among the south Asian and non-south Asian population under 30 years of age in Yorkshire, UKM van Laar
Paediatric Epidemiology Group, Division of Epidemiology, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9NL, UK
Br J Cancer 103:1448-52. 2010..Few studies have examined epidemiological differences between ethnic groups for children and young adults with cancer...
- Prospective study of the prevalence, genotyping, and clinical relevance of Dientamoeba fragilis infections in an Australian populationD Stark
Department of Microbiology, St Vincent s Hospital, Sydney, Australia
J Clin Microbiol 43:2718-23. 2005..This study shows the potential pathogenic properties of D. fragilis and the need for all laboratories to routinely test for this organism...