Affiliation: University College London
- Disorders of pubertal developmentC Traggiai
Clinica Pediatrica, University of Genova, Istituto G Gaslini, Genova, Italy
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 17:41-56. 2003..The differential diagnosis of delayed puberty is between constitutional delay of growth and puberty, pubertal delay secondary to chronic disease and hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism...
- Absence of catch-down growth in Russell-Silver syndrome after short-term growth hormone treatmentC Azcona
Department of Endocrinology, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London
Horm Res 51:47-9. 1999..Short-term growth hormone treatment for children with Russell-Silver syndrome may avoid side effects and diminish costs...
- Premature thelarche: clinical follow-up and indication for treatmentR Stanhope
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children and The Middlesex Hospital UCLH, London, UK
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 13:827-30. 2000..The longer-term follow-up of large numbers of patients is essential if we are to understand the long-term sequelae of this condition...
- Precocious puberty (complete, partial)R Stanhope
Department of Endocrinology, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, Middlesex Hospital UCLH, London, UK
Endocr Dev 7:57-65. 2004
- An open-label acceptability study of Norditropin SimpleXx--a new liquid growth hormone formulationR Stanhope
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London, UK
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 14:735-40. 2001..It avoided reconstitution which had been a major cause of dissatisfaction with the patients' previous systems, and resulted in greater convenience and reduced levels of pain associated with injection...
- Management of adrenal crisis--how should glucocorticoids be administered?R Stanhope
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, The Middlesex Hospital UCLH, London, UK
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 16:1099-100. 2003
- Multiple pituitary hormone deficiency: management of puberty for optimal auxological resultsR Stanhope
Department of Paediatric Endocrinology, Institute of Child Health, London, UK
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 14:1009-14. 2001..Delaying puberty is an option in septo-optic dysplasia, and minimising the dose of hydrocortisone is crucial in treating ACTH/cortisol insufficiency. Many unresolved questions remain in this difficult area...
- Body composition in early onset eating disordersD Nicholls
Brain and Behavioural Sciences Unit, Institute of Child Health, London, UK
Eur J Clin Nutr 56:857-65. 2002..Although of value as screening instruments the limitation in disease states is their inability to discriminate fat and fat-free components of body weight...
- Final height in psychosocial short stature: is there complete catch-up?B C Gohlke
Department of Paediatrics, University of Bonn, Germany
Acta Paediatr 91:961-5. 2002..To determine whether children with psychosocial short stature attain their genetic height potential...
- Do we perform too many hCG tests?R Stanhope
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 16:355-6. 2003
- Growth hormone treatment does not alter lower limb asymmetry in children with Russell-Silver syndromeV Rizzo
Department of Paediatric Endocrinology, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children and Middlesex Hospital (UCLH, London, UK
Horm Res 56:114-6. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: We conclude that the rapid growth acceleration to GH treatment does not alter the lower limb asymmetry in children with RSS...
- Morbidity and mortality associated with vasopressin replacement therapy in childrenV Rizzo
Department of Paediatric Endocrinology, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London, UK
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 14:861-7. 2001..The oral route of administration seems to be preferred for both convenience and safety. Major changes in dose and formulation should be undertaken in hospital...
- Growth hormone and segmental growth in survivors of head and neck embryonal rhabdomyosarcomaJ R Katz
Department of Endocrinology, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, Great Ormond Street, London WC1N 3JH, UK
Arch Dis Child 84:436-9. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: GH treatment resulted in a significant improvement in sitting height SDS. We discuss the unexpected improvement in spinal growth in survivors with GHD...
- Body mass index and hypothalamic morphology on MRI in children with congenital midline cerebral abnormalitiesC Traggiai
Department of Paediatrics, Institute G Gaslini, Genoa, Italy
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 17:219-21. 2004..Endocrinopathies were present in 16 out of the 31 patients. We conclude that there was a trend of increasing mean BMI SDS with increasing hypothalamic abnormality, although this was not statistically significant...
- Growth hormone secretion and long-term growth data in children with psychosocial short stature treated by different changes in environmentB C Gohlke
Zentrum fur Kinderheilkunde der Universitat Bonn, Bonn, Germany
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 17:637-43. 2004..We assessed auxological and endocrine data of 65 children (32 girls) from 51 families with an average age of 6.6 years (range, 0.9 to 16.5 years, all but five prepubertal) with psychosocial short stature...
- Efficacy and safety of Valtropin in the treatment of short stature in girls with Turner's syndromeV Peterkova
Endocrinological Scientific Centre of Russian Academy of Science, Paediatric Endocrinology, Moscow, Russia
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 17:1429-34. 2004..Treatment was well tolerated with no significant adverse events. It is concluded that Valtropin is as safe and effective as other human GH preparations for the treatment of growth failure in girls with Turner's syndrome...
- Hypoglycaemia and Russell-Silver syndromeC Azcona
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London, UK
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 18:663-70. 2005..To determine both the incidence and aetiology of chronic hypoglycaemia in symptomatic children with Russell-Silver syndrome (RSS) during the first four years of life...