Affiliation: University of Nottingham
- Recovery as a threshold concept in mental health nurse educationGemma Stacey
Division of Nursing, University of Nottingham, Derby, United Kingdom
Nurse Educ Today 32:534-9. 2012..As such, recovery in mental health is a threshold concept, that once learned, may transform not only the learner in the classroom but their practice in the future...
- Masters at work: a narrative inquiry into the experiences of mental health nurses qualifying with an undergraduate Masters degreeGemma Stacey
School of Nursing, Midwifery and Physiotherapy, University of Nottingham, Derby Education Centre, Derbyshire Royal Infirmary, London Road, Derby, DE1 2QY, United Kingdom
Nurse Educ Today 30:333-7. 2010..The findings demonstrate the importance of supportive networks to maintain values and criticality...
- The meaning of art to people who use mental health servicesGemma Stacey
School of Nursing, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Nottingham, Duncan Macmillan House, Porchester Road, Mapperley, Nottingham NG2 6AA, UK
Perspect Public Health 130:70-7. 2010..This article reports upon a research study which explored the significance of art to people who use mental health services...
- Challenging the shock of reality through digital storytellingGemma Stacey
Division of Nursing, University of Nottingham, London Road Community Hospital, London Road, Derby DE1 2QY, United Kingdom
Nurse Educ Pract 11:159-64. 2011..As a consequence, an altered story might be told through encouraging newly qualified nurses to develop their core strengths and, in doing so, maintain their capacity to care...
- Developing a service user designed tool for the assessment of student mental health nurses in practice: a collaborative processTheodore Stickley
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Nottingham, Duncan MacMillian House, United Kingdom
Nurse Educ Today 31:102-6. 2011..Whilst there was a consensus amongst stake-holders that engaging in this feedback process is beneficial to both the student and service user, it is the manner in which it is sought which requires further investigation...
- The practice assessment of student nurses by people who use mental health servicesTheodore Stickley
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Nottingham, Duncan Macmillan House, Porchester Road, Nottingham NG3 6AA, United Kingdom
Nurse Educ Today 30:20-5. 2010..It is recommended that the model of assessment should be adjusted to that of review and that a program of service-users reviewing student nurses on placement be implemented and evaluated...
- How do nurses cope when values and practice conflict?Gemma Stacey
Division of Nursing, University of Nottingham
Nurs Times 107:20-3. 2011..A lack of opportunity to express values in nursing practice and a conflict of ideals with organisational constraints are associated with low job satisfaction and high attrition rates...
- Exposing the tensions of implementing supervision in pre-registration nurse educationAnne Felton
Division of Nursing, Duncan Macmillan House, Porchester Road Mapperley, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire NG3 6AA, United Kingdom
Nurse Educ Pract 12:36-40. 2012..However, despite these tensions it is proposed that clinical supervision has a key role within graduate pre-registration nursing education...