Affiliation: University of Birmingham
- Watching paint dry: organic solvent syndrome in late-twentieth-century BritainAnne Spurgeon
Centre for the History of Medicine, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, UK
Med Hist 50:167-88. 2006
- Models of unexplained symptoms associated with occupational and environmental exposuresAnne Spurgeon
Institute of Occupational Health, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Environ Health Perspect 110:601-5. 2002..It is proposed that this approach, which is already well established in the fields of human and social sciences, should be adopted more readily by those concerned with occupational and environmental epidemiology...
- Prenatal methylmercury exposure and developmental outcomes: review of the evidence and discussion of future directionsAnne Spurgeon
Institute of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Environ Health Perspect 114:307-12. 2006..This would assist in the development of classic longitudinal studies by allowing repeated assessment over the full age range and providing data that are more readily interpretable and comparable between studies...
- Recent developments in low-level lead exposure and intellectual impairment in childrenKarin Koller
Medical Research Council Institute for Environment and Health, University of Leicester, Leicester, United Kingdom
Environ Health Perspect 112:987-94. 2004..Current lead exposure accounts for a very small amount of variance in cognitive ability (1-4%), whereas social and parenting factors account for 40% or more...
- The mental health of Chinese immigrants in Birmingham, UKShu Ling Huang
Department of Psychology, Chung Shan Medical University, 110, Sec 1, Chien Kuo N Rd, Taichung 40201, Taiwan
Ethn Health 11:365-87. 2006....