Affiliation: University of Birmingham
- Asymmetric funnel plots and publication bias in meta-analyses of diagnostic accuracyFujian Song
Department of Public Health and Epidemiology, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, UK
Int J Epidemiol 31:88-95. 2002..Despite the great possibility of publication bias in studies of diagnostic test research, empirical studies about publication bias have mainly focused on studies of treatment effect...
- Cost-effectiveness of pharmacological interventions for smoking cessation: a literature review and a decision analytic analysisFujian Song
Department of Public Health and Epidemiology, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT, UK
Med Decis Making 22:S26-37. 2002..The cost-effectiveness of adding NRT and bupropion SR to advice or counseling for smoking cessation is better than many other accepted health care interventions...
- Validity of indirect comparison for estimating efficacy of competing interventions: empirical evidence from published meta-analysesFujian Song
Department of Public Health and Epidemiology, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT
BMJ 326:472. 2003..To determine the validity of adjusted indirect comparisons by using data from published meta-analyses of randomised trials...
- Accuracy of hysteroscopy in the diagnosis of endometrial cancer and hyperplasia: a systematic quantitative reviewT Justin Clark
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Birmingham Women s Hospital, Birmingham B15 2TG, England
JAMA 288:1610-21. 2002..However, there is a continuing debate about the value of this technology in the diagnosis of serious endometrial disease...
- Accuracy of outpatient endometrial biopsy in the diagnosis of endometrial cancer: a systematic quantitative reviewT Justin Clark
Academic Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Birmingham Women's Hospital, UK
BJOG 109:313-21. 2002..Therefore, in cases of abnormal uterine bleeding where symptoms persist despite negative biopsy, further evaluation will be warranted...
- Effectiveness of nifedipine versus atosiban for tocolysis in preterm labour: a meta-analysis with an indirect comparison of randomised trialsAravinthan Coomarasamy
Education Resource Centre, Birmingham Women's Hospital, UK
BJOG 110:1045-9. 2003..CONCLUSIONS: When indirectly compared with atosiban, nifedipine tocolysis is more effective. In the absence of a direct comparison, our analysis provides a way to explore the potential benefits of nifedipine versus atosiban...
- Review of publication bias in studies on publication bias: studies on publication bias are probably susceptible to the bias they studyFujian Song
BMJ 331:637-8. 2005
- Statistical methods for analysing Barthel scores in trials of poststroke interventions: a review and computer simulationsFujian Song
School of Allied Health Professions, Institute of Health, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK
Clin Rehabil 20:347-56. 2006..This paper aims to assess methods used for presenting and analysing an ordinal scale, the Barthel Index, in trials of poststroke interventions...
- A systematic review of outcomes assessed in randomized controlled trials of surgical interventions for carpal tunnel syndrome using the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) as a reference toolChristina Jerosch-Herold
School of Allied Health Professions, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 7:96. 2006....