Spencer L Smith
Affiliation: University College London
- Parallel processing of visual space by neighboring neurons in mouse visual cortexSpencer L Smith
Wolfson Institute for Biomedical Research and Department of Neuroscience, Physiology and Pharmacology, University College London, London, UK
Nat Neurosci 13:1144-9. 2010..Our results suggest that a limited pool of afferent receptive fields is available to a local population of neurons and reveal new organizational principles for the neural circuitry of the mouse visual cortex...
- The refinement of ipsilateral eye retinotopic maps is increased by removing the dominant contralateral eye in adult miceSpencer L Smith
Department of Neurobiology, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e9925. 2010..In addition, we examined whether the increased refinement involved the recruitment of adjacent cortical area...
- Ipsilateral eye cortical maps are uniquely sensitive to binocular plasticityJoshua Faguet
Department of Neurobiology, The David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, 635 Charles Young Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Neurophysiol 101:855-61. 2009..Our findings indicate that although both contra- and ipsilateral eye pathways require visual experience for their maintenance, ipsilateral eye projections bear an additional, unique sensitivity to binocular interactions...
- Experience-dependent binocular competition in the visual cortex begins at eye openingSpencer L Smith
Department of Neurobiology, University of California at Los Angeles, 695 Charles Young Drive South, Los Angeles, California 90095 1761, USA
Nat Neurosci 10:370-5. 2007..Furthermore, these results suggest that the quality of activity, in terms of signal to noise, and not the quantity, determines robust receptive field development...
- Dendritic spikes enhance stimulus selectivity in cortical neurons in vivoSpencer L Smith
1 Wolfson Institute for Biomedical Research and Department of Neuroscience, Physiology and Pharmacology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK 2 Department of Cell Biology and Physiology and Neuroscience Center, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Nature 503:115-20. 2013..Thus, dendritic excitability is an essential component of behaviourally relevant computations in neurons. ..
- The beat goes on: spontaneous firing in mammalian neuronal microcircuitsMichael Hausser
Wolfson Institute for Biomedical Research and Department of Physiology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 24:9215-9. 2004
- Target-specific effects of somatostatin-expressing interneurons on neocortical visual processingJames C H Cottam
Wolfson Institute for Biomedical Research and Department of Neuroscience, Physiology and Pharmacology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 33:19567-78. 2013..This prominent competitive inhibition between interneuron types leads to a reconfiguration of inhibition along the somatodendritic axis of pyramidal cells, and enhances the orientation selectivity of PV(+) cells. ..