Fiona E Smith
Affiliation: University of Newcastle
- Comparison of magnetocardiography and electrocardiography: a study of automatic measurement of dispersion of ventricular repolarizationFiona E Smith
Medical Physics Department, Freeman Hospital Unit, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, High Heaton, Newcastle upon Tyne NE7 7DN, UK
Europace 8:887-93. 2006..For this study, magnetocardiography and electrocardiography were compared from automatic measurements of dispersion of ventricular repolarization...
- Comparison of magnetocardiography and electrocardiographyFiona E Smith
Medical Physics Department, Freeman Hospital Unit, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Anadolu Kardiyol Derg 7:20-2. 2007..Automated techniques were developed for the measurement of cardiac repolarisation using magnetocardiography...
- Quantitative lithium magnetic resonance spectroscopy in the normal human brain on a 3 T clinical scannerFiona E Smith
Newcastle Magnetic Resonance Centre, Institute of Cellular Medicine, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Magn Reson Med 66:945-9. 2011..71 ± 0.1 mM, with no significant difference between gray and white matter. Mean serum concentration was 0.9 ± 0.16 mM, giving a mean brain/serum ratio of 0.78 ± 0.26...
- Effects of raising muscle glycogen synthesis rate on skeletal muscle ATP turnover rate in type 2 diabetesEe L Lim
Institute of Cellular Medicine, Newcastle Magnetic Resonance Centre, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 301:E1155-62. 2011..In type 2 diabetes, skeletal muscle ATP turnover rates reflect the rate of glucose uptake and glycogen synthesis, rather than any primary mitochondrial defect...
- Errors in repolarization measurement using magnetocardiographyFiona E Smith
Regional Medical Physics Department, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 25:1223-9. 2002..The errors detected demonstrate the importance of a standard presentation for repolarization measurement in the MCG...
- Hepatic cholesteryl ester accumulation in lysosomal acid lipase deficiency: Non-invasive identification and treatment monitoring by magnetic resonancePeter E Thelwall
Institute of Cellular Medicine, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK Newcastle Magnetic Resonance Centre, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK Electronic address
J Hepatol 59:543-9. 2013..Secondly, we used MR spectroscopy to monitor the effects of an enzyme replacement therapy (ERT), sebelipase alfa (a recombinant human lysosomal acid lipase), on hepatic TG and CE content in the preclinical model...
- Magnetic resonance quantification of water and metabolites in the brain of cirrhotics following induced hyperammonaemiaHanan Mardini
Liver Unit and Institute of Cellular Medicine, Freeman Hospital and Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
J Hepatol 54:1154-60. 2011....
- Inhibition of lipolysis in Type 2 diabetes normalizes glucose disposal without change in muscle glycogen synthesis ratesEe L Lim
Newcastle Magnetic Resonance Centre, Institute of Cellular Medicine, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne NE4 5PL, UK
Clin Sci (Lond) 121:169-77. 2011..ATP turnover rate in muscle exhibits no relationship to the acute metabolic effect of insulin...
- Comparison of automatic repolarization measurement techniques in the normal magnetocardiogramFiona E Smith
Regional Medical Physics Department, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, The United Kingdom
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 26:2096-102. 2003..25 Hz, -5.5 (5.3) ms for 0.5 Hz, and -17.1 (7.8) ms for 1 Hz. Automatic measurements of repolarization (QT) in the MCG differ between techniques and are influenced by filtering. These effects should be considered when comparing results...