Affiliation: University of Liverpool
- TIPIT: a randomised controlled trial of thyroxine in preterm infants under 28 weeks gestation: magnetic resonance imaging and magnetic resonance angiography protocolSze M Ng
School of Reproductive and Developmental Medicine, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
BMC Pediatr 8:26. 2008....
- Broca's area supports enhanced visuospatial cognition in orchestral musiciansVanessa Sluming
School of Health Sciences Division of Medical Imaging and Radiotherapy, University of Liverpool, Liverpool L69 3GB, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 27:3799-806. 2007....
- Voxel-based morphometry and stereology provide convergent evidence of the importance of medial prefrontal cortex for fluid intelligence in healthy adultsQi Yong Gong
Magnetic Resonance and Image Analysis Research Centre MARIARC, Department of Medical Imaging, University of Liverpool, UK
Neuroimage 25:1175-86. 2005..WAIS-R Verbal Intelligence SSS showed no correlations. We interpret our findings, from independent analyses of both VBM and stereology, as evidence of the importance of medial prefrontal cortex in supporting fluid intelligence...
- Heschl gyrus and its included primary auditory cortex: structural MRI studies in healthy and diseased subjectsIhssan A Abdul-Kareem
School of Health Sciences, Division of Medical Imaging and Radiotherapy, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
J Magn Reson Imaging 28:287-99. 2008..Instead, and while waiting for future in vivo microstructural localization of the PAC, the use of probabilistic and functional maps is advantageous but not without shortcomings...
- Voxel-based morphometry reveals increased gray matter density in Broca's area in male symphony orchestra musiciansVanessa Sluming
Magnetic Resonance and Image Analysis Research Centre, The University of Liverpool, Liverpool L69 3GB, United Kingdom
Neuroimage 17:1613-22. 2002....
- Different association between intentionality competence and prefrontal volume in left- and right-handersJoanne L Powell
Magnetic Resonance and Image Analysis Research Centre MARIARC, University of Liverpool, UK Department for Biostatistics, University of Liverpool, UK Department of Psychology, Edge Hill University, UK Electronic address
Cortex 54:63-76. 2014....
- Structural and functional asymmetry of lateral Heschl's gyrus reflects pitch perception preferencePeter Schneider
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Heidelberg, INF 400, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Nat Neurosci 8:1241-7. 2005..Our data link relative hemispheric lateralization with perceptual stimulus properties, whereas the absolute size of the Heschl's gyrus depends on musical aptitude...
- Structural, functional, and perceptual differences in Heschl's gyrus and musical instrument preferencePeter Schneider
Department of Neurology, Section of Biomagnetism, INF 400, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1060:387-94. 2005..Overall, it is likely that both magnitude and asymmetry of lateral HG, and the related perceptual mode, may have an impact on preference for particular musical instruments and on musical performance...
- Sulcal variability, stereological measurement and asymmetry of Broca's area on MR imagesSimon Sean Keller
The Magnetic Resonance and Image Analysis Research Centre, University of Liverpool, UK
J Anat 211:534-55. 2007..This manuscript illustrates the importance of simultaneous consideration of brain morphology and morphometry in studies of cerebral asymmetry...