T Chas Skinner
Affiliation: University of Southampton
- A short form of the Diabetes Quality of Life for Youth questionnaire: exploratory and confirmatory analysis in a sample of 2,077 young people with type 1 diabetes mellitusT C Skinner
School of Psychology, University of Southampton, UK
Diabetologia 49:621-8. 2006..The aim of this study was to test the construct validity of the Diabetes Quality of Life for Youth (DQOLY) questionnaire in a large representative sample of young people with type 1 diabetes mellitus...
- Diabetes Education and Self-Management for Ongoing and Newly Diagnosed (DESMOND): process modelling of pilot studyT Chas Skinner
School of Psychology and School of Medicine, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Patient Educ Couns 64:369-77. 2006..To determine the effects of a structured education program on illness beliefs, quality of life and physical activity in people newly diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes...
- Psychological barriersT C Skinner
Department of Psychology, University of Southampton, Highfield, Southampton, SO17 1BJ, UK
Eur J Endocrinol 151:T13-7; discussion T29-30. 2004..Engaging patients in the goal-setting process can help to overcome potential barriers to good self-care and may increase the probability that treatment goals are achieved...
- Diabetes screening anxiety and beliefsT C Skinner
School of Psychology, University of Southampton, Highfield, Southhampton SO17 1BJ, Hampshire, UK
Diabet Med 22:1497-502. 2005..This study assesses the impact of screening for diabetes on anxiety levels in an ethnically mixed population in the UK, and explores whether beliefs about Type 2 diabetes account for these anxiety levels...
- Analysis System for Self-Efficacy Training (ASSET). Assessing treatment fidelity of self-management interventionsKatarzyna M Zinken
School of Psychology, University of Southampton, Highfield, Southampton, UK
Patient Educ Couns 72:186-93. 2008....
- A pilot randomized control trial investigating the effect of mindfulness practice on pain tolerance, psychological well-being, and physiological activityJessica Kingston
School of Psychology, University of Southampton, Southampton, United Kingdom
J Psychosom Res 62:297-300. 2007..To investigate the effect of mindfulness training on pain tolerance, psychological well-being, physiological activity, and the acquisition of mindfulness skills...
- Educational and psychosocial programmes for adolescents with diabetes: approaches, outcomes and cost-effectivenessHeather Gage
Department of Economics, University of Surrey, Guildford GU2 7XH, UK
Patient Educ Couns 53:333-46. 2004..Few studies addressed resourcing issues and robust cost-effectiveness appraisals are required to identify interventions that generate the greatest returns on expenditure...
- Unrealistic pessimism about risk of coronary heart disease and stroke in patients with type 2 diabetesKoula G Asimakopoulou
King s College London, Dental Institute, Oral Health Services Research and Dental Public Health, Caldecot Road, Denmark Hill, London SE5 9RW, UK
Patient Educ Couns 71:95-101. 2008..We examined the accuracy of type 2 diabetes (T2D) patients' risk estimates of developing coronary heart disease (CHD)/having a stroke as a consequence of diabetes and their mood about these risks...
- Personality, personal model beliefs, and self-care in adolescents and young adults with Type 1 diabetesT Chas Skinner
Department of Psychology, University of Bath, United Kingdom
Health Psychol 21:61-70. 2002..Participants (N = 358, aged 12-30 years) with Type 1 diabetes completed measures of personality, personal model beliefs, and self-care. Structural equation modeling indicated that Model C was the best fit to the data...
- Serious diabetes-specific emotional problems and depression in a Croatian-Dutch-English Survey from the European Depression in Diabetes [EDID] Research ConsortiumFrançois Pouwer
Vrije Universiteit Medical Center, Diabetes Research Group, EMGO, Van der Boechorststraat 7, 1081 BT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 70:166-73. 2005..Randomized controlled trials are warranted to test whether coverage of diabetes-specific issues during psychotherapy can further improve the treatment of depression in diabetes...