Swaran P Singh
Affiliation: University of Warwick
- Transitions of care from Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services to Adult Mental Health Services (TRACK Study): a study of protocols in Greater LondonSwaran P Singh
Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, Coventry, CV4 7AL, UK
BMC Health Serv Res 8:135. 2008..The TRACK study aims to identify factors which facilitate or impede effective transition from CAHMS to AMHS. This paper presents findings from a survey of transition protocols in Greater London...
- School Mobility and Prospective Pathways to Psychotic-like Symptoms in Early Adolescence: A Prospective Birth Cohort StudySwaran P Singh
University of Warwick, Coventry, UK Electronic address
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 53:518-527.e1. 2014..We tested the hypothesis that these risks may be partly attributable to school mobility and examined the potential pathways linking school mobility to psychotic-like symptoms...
- THERACOM: a systematic review of the evidence base for interventions to improve Therapeutic Communications between black and minority ethnic populations and staff in specialist mental health servicesKamaldeep Bhui
Barts and London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine, Room Number OAB 108, Centre for Psychiatry, Old Anatomy Building, Charterhouse Square, 6BQ, London EC1M, UK
Syst Rev 2:15. 2013..Interventions that improve therapeutic communications may offer new approaches to tackle ethnic inequalities in experiences and outcomes...
- 'Talking a different language': an exploration of the influence of organizational cultures and working practices on transition from child to adult mental health servicesSusan McLaren
Faculty of Health and Social Care, London South Bank University, London, United Kingdom
BMC Health Serv Res 13:254. 2013..Failure to manage and integrate transitional care effectively can lead to young people losing contact with health and social care systems, resulting in adverse effects on health, well-being and potential...
- Cultural specificity of emotional overinvolvement: a systematic reviewSwaran P Singh
Division of Mental Health and Wellbeing, Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, CV4 7AL, UK
Schizophr Bull 39:449-63. 2013..Clinically, family interventions based on EE reduction should take cultural differences into account when treating families from different ethnocultural groups...
- Mental health services for young people: matching the service to the needMax Birchwood
Division of Mental Health and Wellbeing, Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, UK
Br J Psychiatry Suppl 54:s1-2. 2013..and service structures for young people with emergent and existing mental health problems, and asks the question, 'How should we design services for young people to promote prevention and service engagement, and to improve outcomes?'..
- Process, outcome and experience of transition from child to adult mental healthcare: multiperspective studySwaran P Singh
Health Services Research Institute, Medical School Building, Gibbet Hill Campus, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, UK
Br J Psychiatry 197:305-12. 2010..Many adolescents with mental health problems experience transition of care from child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS) to adult mental health services (AMHS)...
- Early intervention in psychosisSwaran P Singh
Health Sciences Research Institute, Medical School Building, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, UK
Br J Psychiatry 196:343-5. 2010....
- Transition of care from child to adult mental health services: the great divideSwaran P Singh
Health Sciences Research Institute, Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
Curr Opin Psychiatry 22:386-90. 2009....
- Outcome measures in early psychosis; relevance of duration of untreated psychosisSwaran P Singh
Health Sciences Research Institute, University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
Br J Psychiatry Suppl 50:s58-63. 2007..Duration of untreated psychosis (DUP) is considered an important predictor of short-term clinical outcome...
- Ethnicity and the Mental Health Act 1983Swaran P Singh
Health Sciences Research Institute, Warwick Medical School, Coventry CV4 7AL, UK
Br J Psychiatry 191:99-105. 2007..There has been no systematic exploration of differences within and between ethnic groups, nor of the explanations put forward for this excess...
- Race and mental health: there is more to race than racismSwaran P Singh
Health Sciences Research Institute, Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL
BMJ 333:648-51. 2006
- Transfers and transitions between child and adult mental health servicesMoli Paul
University of Warwick, Warwick Medical School, Coventry, UK
Br J Psychiatry Suppl 54:s36-40. 2013..Transfer of care from one healthcare provider to another is often understood as a suboptimal version of the process of transition...
- Pathways to violent behavior during first-episode psychosis: a report from the UK National EDEN StudyCatherine Winsper
Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, Coventry, England
JAMA Psychiatry 70:1287-93. 2013..Accumulating evidence suggests there may be subgroups within psychosis, differing in terms of developmental processes and proximal factors associated with violent behavior...
- Measuring pathways to care in first-episode psychosis: a systematic reviewSwaran P Singh
Mental Health, St George s University of London, Jenner Wing, SGUL Cranmer Terrace, SW17 ORE, London, United Kingdom
Schizophr Res 81:75-82. 2006..Adequately understanding and measuring pathways to care is a prerequisite for early detection and effective treatment of first-episode psychosis...
- A specialist early intervention for first-episode psychosisSwaran P Singh
Department of Mental Health, George s Hospital Medical School, London, England
Psychiatr Serv 55:942-3. 2004
- Acute and transient psychotic disorders: precursors, epidemiology, course and outcomeSwaran P Singh
Department of Mental Health, Jenner Wing, St George s Hospital Medical School, London SW17 0RE, UK
Br J Psychiatry 185:452-9. 2004..ICD-10 has introduced the diagnostic group acute and transient psychotic disorders (ATPDs; F23)...
- Specialised care for early psychosis: like was not compared with likeSwaran P Singh
BMJ 330:196-7; author reply 197. 2005
- Determining the chronology and components of psychosis onset: The Nottingham Onset Schedule (NOS)Swaran P Singh
Department of Mental Health, St George s University of London, London SW17 0RE, UK
Schizophr Res 80:117-30. 2005..A small proportion of schizophrenia cases have very long DUP. Some cases with schizophrenia receive anti-psychotics in the prodromal phase, prior to the emergence of frank psychotic symptoms...
- Status of bipolar disorder research. Bibliometric studySarah Clement
Department of Psychiatry, St George s Hospital Medical School, London, UK
Br J Psychiatry 182:148-52. 2003..Only one study has examined bipolar disorder and schizophrenia in this way, and it was restricted to one database...