Julia M A Sinclair
Affiliation: University of Southampton
- Attentional biases in clinical populations with alcohol use disorders: is co-morbidity ignored?Julia M A Sinclair
Mental Health Group, Division of Clinical Neurosciences, School of Medicine, University of Southampton, UK
Hum Psychopharmacol 25:515-24. 2010..To identify how psychiatric co-morbidity was identified and assessed, in studies of attentional bias in clinical samples of patients with alcohol use disorders (AUDs)...
- Assertive Community Treatment for alcohol dependence (ACTAD): study protocol for a randomised controlled trialHelen Gilburt
Department of Addictions, Institute of Psychiatry, Kings College London, London, UK
Trials 13:19. 2012..So far there has been little research on this...
- Patients' experience of dangerous and severe personality disorder services: qualitative interview studyJulia Sinclair
Department of Psychiatry, University of Southampton, Academic Centre, College Keep, 4 12 Terminus Terrace, Southampton SO14 3DT, UK
Br J Psychiatry 200:252-3. 2012..The recent UK government policy decision to concentrate this programme in prisons may, in part, reflect the significance of these findings...
- Help-seeking before and after episodes of self-harm: a descriptive study in school pupils in EnglandSarah Fortune
University of Oxford Centre for Suicide Research, Department of Psychiatry, Warneford Hospital, Oxford, OX3 7JX, UK
BMC Public Health 8:369. 2008..The vast majority of episodes of self-harm do not result in presentation to hospital and relatively little is known about to whom or where adolescents who harm themselves go for help...
- Healthcare and social services resource use and costs of self-harm patientsJulia M A Sinclair
Mental Health Group, Division of Clinical Neurosciences, Department of Psychiatry, Royal South Hants Hospital, University of Southampton, Brintons Terrace, Southampton, SO14 0YG, UK
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 46:263-71. 2011..The aim of this study is to test the association between changing levels of costs of health and social care with further episodes of self-harm and to identify the clinical and social factors associated with this...
- Six year follow-up of a clinical sample of self-harm patientsJulia M A Sinclair
Department of Psychiatry, Division of Clinical Neurosciences, Royal South Hants Hospital, Brintons Terrace, Southampton, SO14 0YG, UK
J Affect Disord 121:247-52. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate the long-term mortality, morbidity and quality of life of such patients...
- Co-morbid substance misuse in psychiatric patients: prevalence and association with length of inpatient stayJulia M A Sinclair
Department of Mental Health, University of Southampton, Royal South Hants Hospital, Brintons Terrace, Southhampton S014 OYG, UK
J Psychopharmacol 22:92-9. 2008..Hospital admission presents an opportunity to identify substance misuse and evaluate treatments for co-morbid conditions within a safe environment...
- Clinician and service user perceptions of implementing contingency management: a focus group studyJ M A Sinclair
University of Southampton School of Medicine, Southampton SO14 3DT, UK
Drug Alcohol Depend 119:56-63. 2011..Previous surveys of service providers suggest differences in opinions about CM, but to date there has been no published involvement of service users in this debate...
- Validation of the Warwick-Edinburgh Mental Well-being Scale (WEMWBS) as an overall indicator of population mental health and well-being in the UK veterinary professionDavid J Bartram
University Department of Mental Health, Division of Clinical Neurosciences, School of Medicine, University of Southampton, Royal South Hants Hospital, Brintons Terrace, Southampton SO14 0YG, UK
Vet J 187:397-8. 2011..The results support the validity of the scale as an overall indicator of population mental health and well-being for this occupational group...
- Alcohol consumption among veterinary surgeons in the UKDavid J Bartram
Mental Health Group, Division of Clinical Neurosciences, School of Medicine, University of Southampton, RSH Hospital, Brintons Terrace, Southampton SO14 0YG, UK
Occup Med (Lond) 59:323-6. 2009..Alcohol consumption can have both medical and occupational implications and may affect fitness to practise among veterinary surgeons (vets)...
- Social networking and understanding alcohol-associated risk for people with type 1 diabetes: friend or foe?Emma Jones
Human Development and Health, University of Southampton, Southampton, United Kingdom
Diabetes Technol Ther 15:308-14. 2013....
- Suicide in schizophrenia: a retrospective case-control study of 51 suicidesJulia M A Sinclair
Department of Psychiatry, Warneford Hospital, Oxford OX3 7JX, UK
Schizophr Bull 30:803-11. 2004..Suicide of individuals is difficult to predict in patients with schizophrenia. Young men appear particularly vulnerable at times of inpatient care. Depressive symptoms and previous suicide attempts are significant risk factors...
- Suicide in depressive disorders: a retrospective case-control study of 127 suicidesJulia M A Sinclair
Centre for Suicide Research, UK
J Affect Disord 87:107-13. 2005..Depressive disorders are associated with a significant risk of suicide. Inpatient status and recent discharge from hospital have been identified as times of high risk of suicide within the course of illness...