A J Sinclair
Affiliation: University of Birmingham
- Observations of diabetes care in long-term institutional settings with measures of cognitive function and dependencyA J Sinclair
Academic Department of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, University of Birmingham, U K
Diabetes Care 20:778-84. 1997....
- Older adults, diabetes mellitus and visual acuity: a community-based case-control studyA J Sinclair
Academic Department of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Selly Oak Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Age Ageing 29:335-9. 2000..to screen for impaired distance visual acuity in older adults living at home, both with and without diabetes mellitus to determine whether diabetes increases the likelihood of visual impairment and to identify associated factors...
- Cognitive dysfunction in older subjects with diabetes mellitus: impact on diabetes self-management and use of care services. All Wales Research into Elderly (AWARE) StudyA J Sinclair
Diabetes Research Unit, Academic Department of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, University of Birmingham, Hayward Building, Selly Oak Hospital, B29 6JD, Birmingham, UK
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 50:203-12. 2000..To determine whether cognitive impairment is associated with changes in self-care behaviour and use of health and social services in older subjects with diabetes mellitus...
- Prevalence of diabetes in care home residentsA J Sinclair
Diabetes Research Unit, Selly Oak Hospital, University of Birmingham, Bimingham, U K
Diabetes Care 24:1066-8. 2001..To determine the prevalence of known and undetected diabetes diagnosed either by an elevated fasting baseline sample or by a 2-h post-glucose load sample in a group of residents of care homes in an urban-district setting...
- Mitochondrial DNA mutations in Alzheimer's diseaseT P Hutchin
Academic Department of Geriatric Medicine, University of Birmingham, Selly Oak Hospital, United Kingdom
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 241:221-5. 1997..The role of mtDNA mutations in the pathogenesis of AD remains unclear, but they do not appear to be primary causes but may contribute to the onset of the disease...
- Nutrition, ageing and ill healthS E Gariballa
Academic Department of Geriatric Medicine, University of Birmingham, Selly Oak Hospital, UK
Br J Nutr 80:7-23. 1998....
- Elevated cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) leptin in idiopathic intracranial hypertension (IIH): evidence for hypothalamic leptin resistance?A K Ball
Department of Neurology, School of Experimental Medicine, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 70:863-9. 2009..Recent studies have linked obesity with abnormalities in circulating inflammatory and adiposity related cytokines. The aim of this study was to characterize adipokine and inflammatory cytokine profiles in IIH...