A J Sinclair
Affiliation: University of Birmingham
- Observations of diabetes care in long-term institutional settings with measures of cognitive function and dependencyA J Sinclair
Academic Department of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, University of Birmingham, U K
Diabetes Care 20:778-84. 1997....
- Older adults, diabetes mellitus and visual acuity: a community-based case-control studyA J Sinclair
Academic Department of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Selly Oak Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Age Ageing 29:335-9. 2000....
- Cognitive dysfunction in older subjects with diabetes mellitus: impact on diabetes self-management and use of care services. All Wales Research into Elderly (AWARE) StudyA J Sinclair
Diabetes Research Unit, Academic Department of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, University of Birmingham, Hayward Building, Selly Oak Hospital, B29 6JD, Birmingham, UK
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 50:203-12. 2000..To determine whether cognitive impairment is associated with changes in self-care behaviour and use of health and social services in older subjects with diabetes mellitus...
- Prevalence of diabetes in care home residentsA J Sinclair
Diabetes Research Unit, Selly Oak Hospital, University of Birmingham, Bimingham, U K
Diabetes Care 24:1066-8. 2001..To determine the prevalence of known and undetected diabetes diagnosed either by an elevated fasting baseline sample or by a 2-h post-glucose load sample in a group of residents of care homes in an urban-district setting...
- Mitochondrial DNA mutations in Alzheimer's diseaseT P Hutchin
Academic Department of Geriatric Medicine, University of Birmingham, Selly Oak Hospital, United Kingdom
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 241:221-5. 1997..The role of mtDNA mutations in the pathogenesis of AD remains unclear, but they do not appear to be primary causes but may contribute to the onset of the disease...
- Nutrition, ageing and ill healthS E Gariballa
Academic Department of Geriatric Medicine, University of Birmingham, Selly Oak Hospital, UK
Br J Nutr 80:7-23. 1998....
- Elevated cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) leptin in idiopathic intracranial hypertension (IIH): evidence for hypothalamic leptin resistance?A K Ball
Department of Neurology, School of Experimental Medicine, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 70:863-9. 2009..Recent studies have linked obesity with abnormalities in circulating inflammatory and adiposity related cytokines. The aim of this study was to characterize adipokine and inflammatory cytokine profiles in IIH...