Affiliation: University of Oxford
- An innovative education programme for people with Parkinson's disease and their carersGwenda Simons
Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3UD, UK
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 12:478-85. 2006..The programme appears to provide a promising means for empowering people with PD and their carers to deal with psychosocial challenges...
- Facial expression in male and female schizophrenia patientsGwenda Simons
Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3UD, UK
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 260:267-76. 2010..However, no significant interaction was found between patient group (in- vs. outpatients) and gender. The different explanations for these findings are considered in this study...
- Affecting others: social appraisal and emotion contagion in everyday decision makingBrian Parkinson
Department of Experimental Psychology, Oxford University, UK
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 35:1071-84. 2009..This research provides some of the clearest evidence for the operation of both social appraisal and automatic affect transfer in everyday social life...
- Patient education in Parkinson's disease: Formative evaluation of a standardized programme in seven European countriesMichael Macht
Department of Psychology, University of Wurzburg, Marcusstrasse 9 11, 97070 Wurzburg, Germany
Patient Educ Couns 65:245-52. 2007..To evaluate a newly developed education programme for Parkinson's disease (PD) patients...
- Emotional and nonemotional facial expressions in people with Parkinson's diseaseGwenda Simons
Centre for the Study of Emotion, Department of Psychology, University of Portsmouth, Portsmouth PO1 2DY, UK
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 10:521-35. 2004..Despite these difficulties, however, PD participants' overall level of expressivity was still tied to emotional experience and social context...