Affiliation: University of Newcastle
- VEGF is indirectly associated with NO production and acutely increases in response to hyperglycaemia(1)Mario Siervo
Human Nutrition Research Centre, Institute for Ageing and Health, Newcastle University, Newcastle on Tyne, UK
Eur J Clin Invest 42:967-73. 2012..We evaluated the association between VEGF/NO synthesis and insulin sensitivity in obese subjects and investigated the secretory response of VEGF to an acute elevation of glucose...
- Effects of intentional weight loss on physical and cognitive function in middle-aged and older obese participants: a pilot studyMario Siervo
Department of Neuroscience, University of Naples, Naples, Italy
J Am Coll Nutr 31:79-86. 2012....
- Body mass index is directly associated with biomarkers of angiogenesis and inflammation in children and adolescentsMario Siervo
Human Nutrition and Physiology, Department of Neuroscience, University Federico II, Faculty of Medicine, Naples, Italy
Nutrition 28:262-6. 2012..The objective was to investigate the association between body mass index (BMI) and circulating biomarkers of angiogenesis, inflammation, and cardiac dysfunction in children and adolescents...
- First-borns carry a higher metabolic risk in early adulthood: evidence from a prospective cohort studyMario Siervo
Department of Neuroscience, University Federico II, Naples, Italy
PLoS ONE 5:e13907. 2010..We aimed to quantify the metabolic risk in young adulthood of being first-born relative to those born second or subsequently...
- Inorganic nitrate and beetroot juice supplementation reduces blood pressure in adults: a systematic review and meta-analysisMario Siervo
Human Nutrition Research Centre, Institute for Ageing and Health, Newcastle University, Campus for Ageing and Vitality, Newcastle on Tyne, UK
J Nutr 143:818-26. 2013..05). Inorganic nitrate and beetroot juice supplementation was associated with a significant reduction in systolic BP. These findings need to be tested in long-term trials and in individuals at greater cardiovascular risk...