Affiliation: University of Leeds
- Stop Delirium! A complex intervention to prevent delirium in care homes: a mixed-methods feasibility studyNajma Siddiqi
Bradford District NHS Care Trust, New Mill, Saltaire, West Yorkshire BD18 3LD, UK
Age Ageing 40:90-8. 2011..Preventing delirium should result in significant benefits, including better quality of care and improved outcomes for residents...
- Educating staff working in long-term care about delirium: the Trojan horse for improving quality of care?Najma Siddiqi
Leeds Institute of Health Sciences, University of Leeds, UK
J Psychosom Res 65:261-6. 2008..This study aimed to design a multicomponent intervention to improve delirium care in long-term care facilities for older people in the UK and to identify the levers and barriers to its implementation in practice...
- Pilot trial of Stop Delirium! (PiTStop)--a complex intervention to prevent delirium in care homes for older people: study protocol for a cluster randomised controlled trialAnne Heaven
Bradford District Care Trust R and D Department, Lynfield Mount Hospital, Heights Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire BD9 6DP, UK
Trials 15:47. 2014..Before starting a large costly trial of Stop Delirium!, this pilot study will test and help improve the design and feasibility of the trial protocol...
- Occurrence and outcome of delirium in medical in-patients: a systematic literature reviewNajma Siddiqi
Academic Unit of Psychiatry and Behavioural Sciences, University of Leeds, 15 Hyde Terrace, Leeds LS2 9LT, UK
Age Ageing 35:350-64. 2006..A necessary first step to devising appropriate strategies is to understand how common it is and what its outcomes are in any particular setting...
- Prevention of delirium (POD) for older people in hospital: study protocol for a randomised controlled feasibility trialJohn Young
Academic Unit of Elderly Care and Rehabilitation, University of Leeds, Bradford Institute for Health Research, Temple Bank House, Bradford Royal Infirmary, Duckworth Lane, Bradford, BD9 6RJ, UK
Trials 16:340. 2015..We have successfully carried out a pilot study to test the feasibility and acceptability of implementation of the programme. We are now undertaking preliminary testing of the programme...
- Treatment of common mental disorders in primary care in low- and middle-income countriesKamran Siddiqi
Nuffield Centre for International Health and Development, University of Leeds, 71 75 Clarendon Road, Leeds, UK
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 101:957-8. 2007..The majority are not recognised or are ineffectively treated. To address this problem, WHO advocates integrating mental health in primary care. However, the limited evidence base has impeded efforts to develop such services...
- The ethics of consent in delirium studiesRachel Holt
Academic Unit of Elderly Care and Rehabilitation, University of Leeds, Bradford Institute for Health Research, Temple Bank House, Bradford Royal Infirmary, Bradford, UK
J Psychosom Res 65:283-7. 2008....
- Delirium: an update on diagnosis, treatment and preventionNajma Siddiqi
Academic Unit of Psychiatry and Behavioural Sciences, Institute of Health Sciences and Public Health Research, University of Leeds
Clin Med 6:540-3. 2006