Genomes and Genes
J M Shulman
Affiliation: University of Cambridge
- Frizzled signaling and the developmental control of cell polarityJ M Shulman
Wellcome CRC Institute, UK
Trends Genet 14:452-8. 1998..Recently described examples from the nematode and frog suggest that the developmental control of cell polarity by FZ receptors might represent a functionally conserved signaling mechanism...
- Pattern formation in single cellsJ M Shulman
The Wellcome CRC Institute and Dept of Genetics, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge, UK CB2 1QR
Trends Cell Biol 9:M60-4. 1999..Unlike yeast, however, more complex eukaryotic cells can manifest multiple axes of polarity, suggesting that additional mechanisms have evolved to generate more elaborate patterns...
- PAR-1 is required for the maintenance of oocyte fate in DrosophilaJ R Huynh
The Wellcome CRC Institute, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Rd, Cambridge CB2 1QR, UK
Development 128:1201-9. 2001..Finally, we show that PAR-1 localises on the fusome, and provides a link between the asymmetry of the fusome and the selection of the oocyte...
- Differential recruitment of Dishevelled provides signaling specificity in the planar cell polarity and Wingless signaling pathwaysJ D Axelrod
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115 USA
Genes Dev 12:2610-22. 1998..The PCP signal may selectively result in focal Fz activation and asymmetric relocalization of Dsh to the membrane, where Dsh effects cytoskeletal reorganization to orient prehair initiation...
- The Drosophila homolog of C. elegans PAR-1 organizes the oocyte cytoskeleton and directs oskar mRNA localization to the posterior poleJ M Shulman
Wellcome CRC Institute and Department of Genetics, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
Cell 101:377-88. 2000..These results identify a molecular parallel between anterior-posterior polarization in Drosophila and C. elegans...