F Shojaee Moradie
Affiliation: University of Surrey
- Exercise training reduces fatty acid availability and improves the insulin sensitivity of glucose metabolismF Shojaee-Moradie
Department of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Internal Medicine, GKT School of Medicine, King s College London, London, UK
Diabetologia 50:404-13. 2007..We investigated the effects of 6 weeks of supervised exercise in sedentary men on these variables...
- Temporal changes in insulin sensitivity following the development of acute liver failure secondary to acetaminophenS J Clark
Institute of Liver Studies, Kings College Hospital, London, UK
Hepatology 34:109-15. 2001..28 to 0.5], P =.001; day 14-day 7: 0.2 [95% CI, 0.12 to 0.38], P =.001). This study demonstrates that in ALF, impaired peripheral uptake of glucose occurs, peripheral insulin sensitivity being restored at 2 weeks in subjects who survived...
- Measurement of endogenous and exogenous triacylglycerol kinetics in the fed and fasted statesF Sun
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Postgraduate Medical School, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey GU2 7XH, UK
Biochem Soc Trans 35:482-3. 2007..There is therefore a need to establish a specific measure of the kinetics of endogenous and exogenous TAG in the postprandial period...
- Acute regulation of plasma leptin by isoprenaline in lean and obese fasted subjectsK C R Baynes
Department of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Internal Medicine, GKT School of Medicine, St Thomas Hospital, King s College London, London, UK
Diabetes Obes Metab 8:412-8. 2006..We hypothesized that a reduced adrenergic sensitivity in obese humans would result in impaired suppression of leptin secretion...
- The effects of a specific growth hormone antagonist on overnight insulin requirements and insulin sensitivity in young adults with Type 1 diabetes mellitusR M Williams
University of Cambridge, Department of Paediatrics, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Rd, Cambridge, UK
Diabetologia 46:1203-10. 2003..Our aim was to determine the effects of specific growth hormone blockade on insulin sensitivity and lipolysis in young adults with Type 1 diabetes...
- Comparison of the effects on glucose and lipid metabolism of equipotent doses of insulin detemir and NPH insulin with a 16-h euglycaemic clampS V M Hordern
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Post Graduate Medical School, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey, UK
Diabetologia 48:420-6. 2005..In the liver, the open sinusoids may expose hepatocytes to insulin detemir, enabling it to have a greater effect in the liver than in peripheral tissues...
- Cortisol clearance and associations with insulin sensitivity, body fat and fatty liver in middle-aged menH B Holt
Endocrinology and Metabolism, DOHaD Division, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Diabetologia 50:1024-32. 2007..The regulation of cortisol metabolism in vivo is not well understood. We evaluated the relationship between cortisol metabolism and insulin sensitivity, adjusting for total and regional fat content and for non-alcoholic fatty liver disease...
- Differential effects of fatness, fitness and physical activity energy expenditure on whole-body, liver and fat insulin sensitivityH B Holt
Endocrinology and Metabolism, DOHaD Division, School of Medicine, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Diabetologia 50:1698-706. 2007..The aim of this study was to determine whether fitness and PAEE are associated with whole-body, liver and fat insulin sensitivity independently of body fat...