Affiliation: University College London
- Social isolation and loneliness: relationships with cognitive function during 4 years of follow-up in the English Longitudinal Study of AgeingAparna Shankar
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London, 1 19 Torrington Place, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Psychosom Med 75:161-70. 2013....
- Access to interpreting services in England: secondary analysis of national dataParamjit S Gill
School of Health and Population Sciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
BMC Public Health 9:12. 2009..The aim was to estimate the number of people requiring language support amongst the minority ethnic communities in England...
- Health-related behaviors in older adults relationships with socioeconomic statusAparna Shankar
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, UCL, London, United Kingdom
Am J Prev Med 38:39-46. 2010..There is limited information about the clustering of health behaviors in older people...
- Loneliness, social isolation, and behavioral and biological health indicators in older adultsAparna Shankar
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London, London, UK
Health Psychol 30:377-85. 2011....
- Social isolation, loneliness, and all-cause mortality in older men and womenAndrew Steptoe
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:5797-801. 2013..Although both isolation and loneliness impair quality of life and well-being, efforts to reduce isolation are likely to be more relevant to mortality...
- Gender-specific associations of objective and perceived neighborhood characteristics with body mass index and waist circumference among older adults in the English longitudinal study of ageingJoshua A Bell
The authors are with the Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London, London, England
Am J Public Health 104:1279-86. 2014..We sought to determine whether objective and perceived neighborhood characteristics are independently associated with obesity indicators among older adults and whether associations differ by gender...
- Longitudinal associations between social connections and subjective wellbeing in the English Longitudinal Study of AgeingAparna Shankar
a Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London, London, UK
Psychol Health 30:686-98. 2015..The present analysis explores the association between isolation, loneliness and two measures of subjective well-being over six years using data from the English Longitudinal Study of Ageing...
- Consent to DNA collection in epidemiological studies: findings from the Whitehall II cohort and the English Longitudinal Study of AgeingSusanne F Meisel
Health Behaviour Research Centre, University College London, London, UK
Genet Med 14:201-6. 2012..DNA consent in both studies was not obtained on initial enrollment, but after long-standing participation in the study...