Mala M Shah
Affiliation: University of London
- HCN and KV7 (M-) channels as targets for epilepsy treatmentMala M Shah
Department of Pharmacology, The School of Pharmacy, University of London, 29 39 Brunswick Square, London WC1N 1AX, United Kingdom
Neuropharmacology 69:75-81. 2013..This article is part of the Special Issue entitled 'New Targets and Approaches to the Treatment of Epilepsy'...
- Differential effects of Kv7 (M-) channels on synaptic integration in distinct subcellular compartments of rat hippocampal pyramidal neuronsMala M Shah
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, University of London, London, UK
J Physiol 589:6029-38. 2011..This may be important for their relative contributions to physiological processes such as synaptic plasticity as well as patho-physiological conditions such as epilepsy...
- Functional significance of axonal Kv7 channels in hippocampal pyramidal neuronsMala M Shah
Department of Pharmacology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:7869-74. 2008..These results indicate that axonal Kv7 channels, by controlling axonal RMP and action potential threshold, are fundamental for regulating the inherent firing properties of CA1 hippocampal neurons...
- Dendritic ion channel trafficking and plasticityMala M Shah
Department of Pharmacology, The School of Pharmacy, University of London, London, WC1N 1AX, UK
Trends Neurosci 33:307-16. 2010..We also consider the implications for neuronal function. We argue that to gain an insight into neuronal information processing it is essential to understand the regulation of dendritic ion channel expression and properties...
- TRIP8b-Independent Trafficking and Plasticity of Adult Cortical Presynaptic HCN1 ChannelsZhuo Huang
Department of Pharmacology, UCL School of Pharmacy, University College London, London, WC1N 1AX, United Kingdom, Departamento Ciencias Medicas, Centro de Investigación en Discapacidades Neurológicas IDINE, Universidad de Castilla La Mancha, 02006 Albacete, Spain, Davee Department of Neurology and Clinical Neurosciences and Department of Physiology, Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611 3078
J Neurosci 32:14835-48. 2012....
- Enhancement of hippocampal pyramidal cell excitability by the novel selective slow-afterhyperpolarization channel blocker 3-(triphenylmethylaminomethyl)pyridine (UCL2077)Mala M Shah
Department of Pharmacology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT UK
Mol Pharmacol 70:1494-502. 2006....
- Tritylamino aromatic heterocycles and related carbinols as blockers of ca 2+-activated potassium ion channels underlying neuronal hyperpolarizationPatricia A Zunszain
Department of Chemistry, University College London, 20 Gordon Street, UK
Arch Pharm (Weinheim) 335:159-66. 2002..1-1.2 microM) and are much more selective than clotrimazole since they have less effect on the high voltage-activated Ca2+ current...
- Loss of dendritic HCN1 subunits enhances cortical excitability and epileptogenesisZhuo Huang
Department of Pharmacology, The School of Pharmacy, University of London, London WC1N 1AX, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 29:10979-88. 2009..Furthermore, these findings suggest that the reduction in dendritic HCN1 subunit expression during epileptogenesis is likely to facilitate the disorder...
- Presynaptic HCN1 channels regulate Cav3.2 activity and neurotransmission at select cortical synapsesZhuo Huang
Department of Pharmacology, The School of Pharmacy, University of London, London, UK
Nat Neurosci 14:478-86. 2011..2 subunit. This represents a previously unknown mechanism by which HCN channels regulate synaptic strength and thereby neural information processing and network excitability...
- Hippocalcin: a new solution to an old puzzleDavid A Brown
Department of Pharmacology, University College London, Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
Neuron 53:467-8. 2007..In this issue of Neuron, Tzingounis et al. now show that calcium binding to hippocalcin, a member of the NCS family, is one of the necessary steps involved in production of the sAHP...
- HCN1 channels: a new therapeutic target for depressive disorders?Mala M Shah
UCL School of Pharmacy, University College, London WC1N 1AX, UK
Sci Signal 5:pe44. 2012..Recent evidence suggests that these channels may also be therapeutic targets for treatment of depressive disorders...
- K+ currents generated by NMDA receptor activation in rat hippocampal pyramidal neuronsMala M Shah
Department of Pharmacology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
J Neurophysiol 87:2983-9. 2002..The activation of these channels may, however, depend on their location relative to NMDA receptors as well as on the spatial Ca2+ buffering within individual neurons...
- Seizure-induced plasticity of h channels in entorhinal cortical layer III pyramidal neuronsMala M Shah
Division of Neuroscience, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Neuron 44:495-508. 2004..Our results suggest that dendritic I(h) plays an important role in determining the excitability of EC layer III neurons and their associated neural networks...