Affiliation: University College London
- Nimodipine for traumatic [corrected] subarachnoid haemorrhage: the end of the road or better trials?Jon Sen
Lancet Neurol 5:993-4. 2006
- Triple-H therapy in the management of aneurysmal subarachnoid haemorrhageJon Sen
Victor Horsley Department of Neurosurgery, of the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Queen Square, London, UK
Lancet Neurol 2:614-21. 2003..In this review, the rationale for this approach will be discussed, alongside new thoughts and future prospects for the management of this complex disorder...
- S100B in neuropathologic states: the CRP of the brain?Jon Sen
Institute of Neurology, University College London, Queen Square, London, United Kingdom
J Neurosci Res 85:1373-80. 2007..This review also examines S100B's potential role as a neurologic screening tool, or biomarker of CNS injury, analogous to the role of CRP as a marker of systemic inflammation...
- Extracellular fluid S100B in the injured brain: a future surrogate marker of acute brain injury?J Sen
Victor Horsley Department of Neurosurgery, Queen Square, London, United Kingdom
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 147:897-900. 2005..Further investigation is required to determine whether extracellular S100B measurement in ABI could assist in patient management...
- Extracellular N-acetylaspartate depletion in traumatic brain injuryAntonio Belli
Victor Horsley Department of Neurosurgery, The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, London, UK
J Neurochem 96:861-9. 2006..These results suggest that mitochondrial dysfunction is a significant contributor to poor outcome following TBI and propose extracellular NAA as a potential marker for monitoring interventions aimed at preserving mitochondrial function...
- Pathogenesis of cerebral vasospasm following aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: putative mechanisms and novel approachesAngelos G Kolias
Institute of Neurology, University College London, London, United Kingdom
J Neurosci Res 87:1-11. 2009..The purpose of this Mini-Review is to provide an overview of the pathogenesis of cerebral vasospasm and of novel approaches used in basic and translational research...