Affiliation: University of Southampton
- Engineering DNA vaccines that include plant virus coat proteinsNatalia Savelyeva
Molecular Immunology Group, Cancer Sciences Division, Southampton University Hospitals Trust, Tremona Road, Southampton, SO16 6YD, UK
Biotechnol Genet Eng Rev 20:101-14. 2003
- Inhibition of a vaccine-induced anti-tumor B cell response by soluble protein antigen in the absence of continuing T cell helpNatalia Savelyeva
Molecular Immunology Group, Cancer Sciences Division, Southampton University Hospitals Trust, Southampton, Hampshire SO16 6YD, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:10987-92. 2005..The principles revealed by using a DNA vaccine have implications for all cancer vaccines designed to induce and maintain antibody responses against weak autologous tumor antigens...
- High-affinity memory B cells induced by conjugate vaccines against weak tumor antigens are vulnerable to nonconjugated antigenNatalia Savelyeva
Genetic Vaccine Group, Cancer Sciences Division, School of Medicine, University of Southampton, Southampton, United Kingdom
Blood 118:650-9. 2011..The latter remain, but the majority fail to undergo isotype switch. These findings could apply to other tumor antigens and are relevant for vaccination strategies aimed to induce long-term antibody...
- DNA vaccines to attack cancerFreda K Stevenson
Molecular Immunology Group, Tenovus Laboratory, Cancer Sciences Division, Southampton University Hospitals Trust, Southampton SO16 6YD, UK
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:14646-52. 2004..Physical methods including electroporation provide increased expression without introducing additional competing antigens. A wide range of cancers can be targeted, and objective assays of response will determine efficacy...
- Bystander stimulation of activated CD4+ T cells of unrelated specificity following a booster vaccination with tetanus toxoidGianfranco Di Genova
Cancer Sciences Division, University of Southampton School of Medicine, Southampton, UK
Eur J Immunol 40:976-85. 2010..This crosstalk between a stimulated CD4(+) memory T-cell response and CD4(+) T cells activated by an unrelated antigen could be important in human subjects continually buffeted by environmental antigens...
- DNA fusion vaccine designs to induce tumor-lytic CD8+ T-cell attack via the immunodominant cysteine-containing epitope of NY-ESO 1Juan Campos-Perez
Genetic Vaccine Group, Cancer Sciences Unit, Faculty of Medicine, University of Southampton, Southampton, United Kingdom
Int J Cancer 133:1400-7. 2013..These findings encourage clinical exploration of this vaccine strategy to target NY-ESO-1...