Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Glasgow
- Leach J, Morton J, Sansom O. Neutrophils: Homing in on the myeloid mechanisms of metastasis. Mol Immunol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Neutrophils, however, have only recently emerged as important players, particularly in metastasis. Here we review the current evidence suggesting a multi-faceted role for neutrophils in the metastatic cascade. ..
- Steele C, Karim S, Leach J, Bailey P, Upstill Goddard R, Rishi L, et al. CXCR2 Inhibition Profoundly Suppresses Metastases and Augments Immunotherapy in Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma. Cancer Cell. 2016;29:832-845 pubmed publisher..We show that CXCR2 signaling in the myeloid compartment can promote pancreatic tumorigenesis and is required for pancreatic cancer metastasis, making it an excellent therapeutic target. ..
- Patek C, Arends M, Rose L, Luo F, Walker M, Devenney P, et al. The pro-apoptotic K-Ras 4A proto-oncoprotein does not affect tumorigenesis in the ApcMin/+ mouse small intestine. BMC Gastroenterol. 2008;8:24 pubmed publisher..The K-Ras 4A proto-oncoprotein does not exhibit tumour suppressor activity in the small intestine, even though the K-ras 4A/4B ratio is reduced in adenomas lacking K-ras activating mutations. ..
- Reed K, Sansom O, Hayes A, Gescher A, Peters J, Clarke A. PPARdelta status and mismatch repair mediated neoplasia in the mouse intestine. BMC Cancer. 2006;6:113 pubmed..This data supports the notion that PPARdelta is not required for adenoma formation and indicate that any pro-tumourigenic effect of PPARdelta inactivation may be highly context dependent. ..
- Sansom O, Reed K, van de Wetering M, Muncan V, Winton D, Clevers H, et al. Cyclin D1 is not an immediate target of beta-catenin following Apc loss in the intestine. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:28463-7 pubmed..Taken together, this argues that cyclin D1 up-regulation in intestinal neoplasia is important for tumor progression rather than initiation. ..
- Huels D, Sansom O. R-spondin Is More Than Just Wnt's Sidekick. Dev Cell. 2017;41:456-458 pubmed publisher..2017) show that Wnts and Wnt signaling potentiator R-spondins have non-interchangeable roles. Both are necessary for intestinal stem cell (ISC) maintenance, and R-spondins are the limiting factor that defines ISC number. ..
- Myant K, Qiao X, Halonen T, Come C, Laine A, Janghorban M, et al. Serine 62-Phosphorylated MYC Associates with Nuclear Lamins and Its Regulation by CIP2A Is Essential for Regenerative Proliferation. Cell Rep. 2015;12:1019-31 pubmed publisher..These data underline the importance of nuclear organization in the regulation of MYC phosphorylation, leading to an in vivo demonstration of a strategy for inhibiting MYC activity without detrimental physiological effects. ..
- Cordero J, Ridgway R, Valeri N, Nixon C, Frame M, Muller W, et al. c-Src drives intestinal regeneration and transformation. EMBO J. 2014;33:1474-91 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we demonstrate a novel essential role for Src in intestinal stem/progenitor cell proliferation and tumourigenesis initiation in vivo. ..
- Sansom O, Meniel V, Muncan V, Phesse T, Wilkins J, Reed K, et al. Myc deletion rescues Apc deficiency in the small intestine. Nature. 2007;446:676-9 pubmed..Array analysis revealed that Myc is required for the majority of Wnt target gene activation following Apc loss. These data establish Myc as the critical mediator of the early stages of neoplasia following Apc loss...
- Sansom O, Meniel V, Wilkins J, Cole A, Oien K, Marsh V, et al. Loss of Apc allows phenotypic manifestation of the transforming properties of an endogenous K-ras oncogene in vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:14122-7 pubmed..These data imply a window of opportunity for anti-K-ras therapies after tumor initiation in preventing tumor growth and invasion. ..