Affiliation: University of Cambridge
- Narrative review: aspirin resistance and its clinical implicationsSimon Sanderson
University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, and Institute of Public Health, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Ann Intern Med 142:370-80. 2005..These challenges must be met before researchers conduct studies to assess the clinical utility of testing on patient outcomes and cost-effective prescribing...
- The incidence of inherited metabolic disorders in the West Midlands, UKS Sanderson
General Practice and Primary Care Research Unit, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Arch Dis Child 91:896-9. 2006..Inherited metabolic disorders (IMDs) are a heterogeneous group of genetic conditions mostly occurring in childhood. They are individually rare but collectively numerous, causing substantial morbidity and mortality...
- Tools for assessing quality and susceptibility to bias in observational studies in epidemiology: a systematic review and annotated bibliographySimon Sanderson
Primary Care Genetics, General Practice and Primary Care Research Unit, University of Cambridge and Public Health Genetics Unit, Strangeways Research Labs, Worts Causeway, Cambridge, UK
Int J Epidemiol 36:666-76. 2007..Tools for assessing quality in clinical trials are well-described but much less attention has been given to similar tools for observational epidemiological studies...
- Array CGH in patients with learning disability (mental retardation) and congenital anomalies: updated systematic review and meta-analysis of 19 studies and 13,926 subjectsGurdeep S Sagoo
MRC Biostatistics Unit, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Genet Med 11:139-46. 2009..However, given that this technology also identifies false positives at a similar rate to causal variants, caution in clinical practice should be advised...
- Thromboembolic events among adult patients with primary immune thrombocytopenia in the United Kingdom General Practice Research DatabaseAmeet Sarpatwari
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, CB2 0SR, UK
Haematologica 95:1167-75. 2010..The objective of this study was to evaluate the risk of thromboembolic events among adult patients with and without primary immune thrombocytopenia in the UK General Practice Research Database...
- Review of specialist dietitian services in patients with inherited metabolic disease in the United KingdomH Burton
Public Health Genetics Unit, Cambridge, UK
J Hum Nutr Diet 20:84-92; quiz 92-4. 2007..The aim of this work was to describe the provision of specialist dietetics to patients with IMD as part of a national needs assessment and review...
- CYP2C9 gene variants, drug dose, and bleeding risk in warfarin-treated patients: a HuGEnet systematic review and meta-analysisSimon Sanderson
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Cambridge and Cambridge Genetics Knowledge Park, Cambridge, UK
Genet Med 7:97-104. 2005..The study objective was to examine the strength and quality of existing evidence about CYP2C9 gene variants and clinical outcomes in warfarin-treated patients...
- Turning the pump handle: evolving methods for integrating the evidence on gene-disease associationJulian P T Higgins
Am J Epidemiol 166:863-6. 2007