Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Dundee
- Integrating the VEGF signals leading to actin-based motility in vascular endothelial cellsS Rousseau
Centre de recherche en cancérologie de l Université Laval, L Hôtel Dieu de Québec, 9 rue McMahon, G1R 2J6, Quebec, Canada
Trends Cardiovasc Med 10:321-7. 2000..In particular, the role of the VEGF receptors involved in initiating the coordinated signals that leads to actin-based motility is discussed...
- Inhibition of SAPK2a/p38 prevents hnRNP A0 phosphorylation by MAPKAP-K2 and its interaction with cytokine mRNAsSimon Rousseau
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, MSI WTB complex, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK E mail
EMBO J 21:6505-14. 2002..Our data suggest that LPS-induced binding of hnRNP A0 to AREs may contribute to the post-transcriptional regulation of specific mRNAs...
- TPL2-mediated activation of ERK1 and ERK2 regulates the processing of pre-TNF alpha in LPS-stimulated macrophagesSimon Rousseau
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee, DD1 5EH, UK
J Cell Sci 121:149-54. 2008....
- Nogo-B is a new physiological substrate for MAPKAP-K2Simon Rousseau
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, MSI WTB complex, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, UK
Biochem J 391:433-40. 2005..The anisomycin-induced phosphorylation of Ser107 in HeLa cells can be prevented by 'knockdown' of MAPKAP-K2 using siRNA (small interfering RNA). Taken together, our results identify Nogo-B as a new physiological substrate of MAPKAP-K2...
- CXCL12 and C5a trigger cell migration via a PAK1/2-p38alpha MAPK-MAPKAP-K2-HSP27 pathwaySimon Rousseau
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, CIR Building, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, United Kingdom
Cell Signal 18:1897-905. 2006..These results demonstrate a general and essential role of the PAK-p38alpha MAPK-MAPKAP-K2-HSP27 signalling pathway in mediating the effects of chemotactic stimuli on cell migration...
- IL-1beta-stimulated activation of ERK1/2 and p38alpha MAPK mediates the transcriptional up-regulation of IL-6, IL-8 and GRO-alpha in HeLa cellsHuei Ting Yang
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Sir James Black Centre, Dow Street, Dundee, DD1 5EH, United Kingdom
Cell Signal 20:375-80. 2008....
- Phosphorylation of the ARE-binding protein DAZAP1 by ERK2 induces its dissociation from DAZSimon Morton
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, CIR Building, Dow Street, Dundee DD1 5EH, UK
Biochem J 399:265-73. 2006....
- Lipopolysaccharide-induced toll-like receptor 4 signaling enhances the migratory ability of human esophageal cancer cells in a selectin-dependent mannerMathieu C Rousseau
LD McLean Surgical Research Laboratories, Division of Thoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Surgery 154:69-77. 2013..We investigated the direct impact of LPS on the migratory ability of esophageal cancer cells via the LPS receptor toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4)...
- TH17 cytokines induce human airway smooth muscle cell migrationYing Chang
Meakins Christie Laboratories and Respiratory Division, Department of Medicine McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Allergy Clin Immunol 127:1046-53.e1-2. 2011..T(H)17 cells and T(H)17-associated cytokines are involved in the pathogenesis of asthma and might also contribute to airway remodeling...
- IL-17 promotes p38 MAPK-dependent endothelial activation enhancing neutrophil recruitment to sites of inflammationLucie Roussel
Meakins Christie Laboratories, University Heath Centre Research Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Immunol 184:4531-7. 2010..Therefore, preventing neutrophil recruitment by blocking the action of IL-17 on endothelial cells may prove to be highly beneficial in diseases in which neutrophilic inflammation plays a key role...
- DAZAP1 interacts via its RNA-recognition motifs with the C-termini of other RNA-binding proteinsHuei Ting Yang
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, Sir James Black Centre, University of Dundee, Dow Street, Dundee, DD1 5EH, United Kingdom
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 380:705-9. 2009..The results suggest that DAZAP1 is a component of complexes that are crucial for the degradation and silencing of mRNA...
- Extracellular signal-regulated kinase mediates phosphorylation of tropomyosin-1 to promote cytoskeleton remodeling in response to oxidative stress: impact on membrane blebbingFrancois Houle
Le Centre de Recherche en Cancérologie de l Université Laval, L Hôtel Dieu de Québec, Quebec G1R 2J6, Canada
Mol Biol Cell 14:1418-32. 2003....
- p38 MAP-kinases pathway regulation, function and role in human diseasesAna Cuenda
MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, Scotland, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1773:1358-75. 2007..Here we focus on these emergent roles of p38MAPKs and their implication in different pathologies...
- SAPK2/p38-dependent F-actin reorganization regulates early membrane blebbing during stress-induced apoptosisJ Huot
Centre de recherche en cancérologie de l Université Laval, L Hôtel Dieu de Québec, Quebec, G1R 2J6, Canada
J Cell Biol 143:1361-73. 1998..We conclude that the HSP27-dependent actin polymerization-generating activity of SAPK2 associated with a misassembly of the focal adhesions is responsible for induction of membrane blebbing by stressing agents...
- Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor-Dependent Retention of Nuclear HuR Suppresses Cigarette Smoke-Induced Cyclooxygenase-2 Expression Independent of DNA-BindingMichela Zago
Department of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 8:e74953. 2013..These findings open the possibility that a DRE-independent AhR pathway may be exploited therapeutically as an anti-inflammatory target. ..
- LPS-induced TLR4 signaling in human colorectal cancer cells increases beta1 integrin-mediated cell adhesion and liver metastasisRich Y C Hsu
LD McLean Surgical Research Laboratories, Department of Surgery, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cancer Res 71:1989-98. 2011..Our findings suggest that inhibiting LPS-induced TLR4 signaling could improve therapeutic outcomes by preventing cancer metastasis during the perioperative period of CRC resection...
- Embryonic death of Mek1-deficient mice reveals a role for this kinase in angiogenesis in the labyrinthine region of the placentaS Giroux
Centre de recherche en cancérologie de l Université Laval, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, Pavillon L Hotel Dieu de Quebec, 9, a rue McMahon, Quebec, Canada, G1R 2J6
Curr Biol 9:369-72. 1999..They also suggest that mek1 function is required for normal response to angiogenic signals that might promote vascularization of the labyrinthine region of the placenta...
- Candidate markers associated with the probability of future pulmonary exacerbations in cystic fibrosis patientsGabriella Wojewodka
Department of Human Genetics, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 9:e88567. 2014..The assessments able to predict a future PE or a recurrent PE are limited. We hypothesized that combining clinical, molecular and patient reported data could identify patients who are at risk of PE...
- The Mnks are novel components in the control of TNF alpha biosynthesis and phosphorylate and regulate hnRNP A1Maria Buxade
Departament de Fisiologia, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain
Immunity 23:177-89. 2005..Moreover, Mnk-mediated phosphorylation decreases binding of hnRNP A1 to TNFalpha-ARE in vitro or TNFalpha-mRNA in vivo. Therefore, Mnks are novel players in cytokine regulation and potential new targets for anti-inflammatory therapy...