Affiliation: University of Newcastle
- Agonist-induced calcium entry correlates with STIM1 translocationKehinde Ross
Dermatological Sciences, Institute of Cellular Medicine, Medical School, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
J Cell Physiol 211:569-76. 2007..Thus by differentially regulating store-refilling after agonist-mediated depletion, LPA and UTP may exert distinct effects on the duration of STIM1 localization at the plasma membrane, and thus, on the magnitude and duration of ACE...
- Inhibition of calcium-independent phospholipase A impairs agonist-induced calcium entry in keratinocytesK Ross
Dermatological Sciences, Institute of Cellular Medicine, Medical School, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, U K
Br J Dermatol 158:31-7. 2008..However, the mechanisms of agonist-induced calcium entry (ACE) in keratinocytes are not fully understood...
- Lysophosphatidic acid promotes cell migration through STIM1- and Orai1-mediated Ca2+(i) mobilization and NFAT2 activationRalph Jans
Dermatological Sciences, Institute of Cellular Medicine, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
J Invest Dermatol 133:793-802. 2013..These data indicate that in conditions relevant to epidermal wound healing, LPA induces SOCE and NFAT activation through Orai1 channels and promotes cell migration through a calcineurin/NFAT2-dependent pathway...
- Identification of threonine 66 as a functionally critical residue of the interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinaseKehinde Ross
Division of Genomic Medicine, University of Sheffield, M Floor, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Glossop Road, Sheffield S10 2JF, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 277:37414-21. 2002..These properties in turn determine key aspects of the signaling function of IRAK...
- RelA control of IkappaBalpha phosphorylation: a positive feedback loop for high affinity NF-kappaB complexesLin Yang
Cell Biology Unit, Functional Genomics, Division of Genomic Medicine, The Medical School, University of Sheffield, Sheffield S10 2JF, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 278:30881-8. 2003..In addition, they suggest that regulation of both complex levels and affinities through phosphorylation, with effects on the system steady state, participate in selective activation of the NF-kappaB pathway...