Mary May Robertson
Affiliation: University College London
- Depressive symptomatology in young people with Gilles de la Tourette Syndrome-- a comparison of self-report scalesMary M Robertson
UCLMS Department of Mental Health Sciences, 2nd Floor, Wolfson Building, 48 Riding House Street, London W1W 7EY, United Kingdom
J Affect Disord 91:265-8. 2006..Few studies have examined depressive symptomatology in children and adolescents with Tourette Syndrome (TS) using standardised measures and none have compared different self-report scales in the context of TS...
- Mood disorders and Gilles de la Tourette's syndrome: An update on prevalence, etiology, comorbidity, clinical associations, and implicationsMary May Robertson
Department of Mental Health Sciences, University College London, W1W 7EY London, UK
J Psychosom Res 61:349-58. 2006..However, it is noted that sample sizes in most of these studies were small, and it is unclear at the present time as to why BAD may be overrepresented among GTS patients...
- A patient with both Gilles de la Tourette's syndrome and chromosome 22q11 deletion syndrome: clue to the genetics of Gilles de la Tourette's syndrome?Mary M Robertson
St Georges Hospital and Medical School, UK
J Psychosom Res 61:365-8. 2006....
- The behavioral spectrum of Gilles de la Tourette syndromeAndrea Eugenio Cavanna
Sobell Department of Movement Disorders, Institute of Neurology, London, UK
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 21:13-23. 2009..The issue of whether Tourette's syndrome should still be considered as a unitary nosological entity is also addressed...
- Depression in women with epilepsy: clinical and neurobiological aspectsAndrea Eugenio Cavanna
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Queen Elizabeth Psychiatric Hospital, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Funct Neurol 24:83-7. 2009..This paper reviews the current knowledge on the neurobiological basis of depression in women with epilepsy. The emerging picture informs therapeutic strategies to improve the clinical management of this common comorbidity...
- The Gilles de la Tourette syndrome: the current statusMary May Robertson
Department of Mental Health Sciences, University College, London, UK
Arch Dis Child Educ Pract Ed 97:166-75. 2012..Other treatments which may be needed for loud and severe phonic tics include botulinum toxin. In severe adult GTS patients who are refractory to medication and other therapies, deep brain stimulation looks promising...
- The international prevalence, epidemiology, and clinical phenomenology of Tourette syndrome: a cross-cultural perspectiveMary May Robertson
Department of Mental Health Sciences, UCL, London, United Kingdom
J Psychosom Res 67:475-83. 2009..This article reviews the international prevalence, epidemiology, and clinical phenomenology of TS, from a cross-cultural perspective...
- The role of clinical phenotypes in understanding the genetics of obsessive-compulsive disorderValsamma Eapen
UAE University, PO Box 17666, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
J Psychosom Res 61:359-64. 2006..The implications of this finding on clinical and genetic heterogeneity in OCD are discussed...