T E Roberts
Affiliation: University of Birmingham
- Levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system vs. usual medical treatment for menorrhagia: an economic evaluation alongside a randomised controlled trialSabina Sanghera
Health Economics Unit, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 9:e91891. 2014....
- Evaluation of the Cost Effectiveness of Vesico-Amniotic Shunting in the Management of Congenital Lower Urinary Tract Obstruction (Based on Data from the PLUTO Trial)Lavanya Diwakar
Health Economics Unit, School of Health and Population Sciences, The Public Health Building, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 8:e82564. 2013..To determine the cost-effectiveness of in-utero percutaneous Vesico Amniotic Shunt (VAS) in the management of fetal lower urinary tract obstruction (LUTO)...
- A structured review and exploration of the healthcare costs associated with stillbirth and a subsequent pregnancy in England and WalesHema Mistry
Health Economics Unit, School of Health and Population Sciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 13:236. 2013....
- Pulse oximetry as a screening test for congenital heart defects in newborn infants: a cost-effectiveness analysisT E Roberts
Health Economics Unit, School of Health and Populations Science, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
Arch Dis Child 97:221-6. 2012..To undertake a cost-effectiveness analysis that compares pulse oximetry as an adjunct to clinical examination with clinical examination alone in newborn screening for congenital heart defects (CHDs)...
- Screening for Chlamydia trachomatis: a systematic review of the economic evaluations and modellingT E Roberts
Health Economics Facility, HSMC, University of Birmingham, Park House, 40 Edgbaston Park Road, Birmingham B15 2RT, UK
Sex Transm Infect 82:193-200; discussion 201. 2006..To review systematically and critically, evidence used to derive estimates of costs and cost effectiveness of chlamydia screening...
- Is Accelerated Partner Therapy (APT) a cost-effective alternative to routine patient referral partner notification in the UK? Preliminary cost-consequence analysis of an exploratory trialTracy E Roberts
Health Economics Unit, School of Health and Population Sciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
Sex Transm Infect 88:16-20. 2012....
- Hysterectomy, endometrial ablation, and levonorgestrel releasing intrauterine system (Mirena) for treatment of heavy menstrual bleeding: cost effectiveness analysisT E Roberts
Health Economics Unit, School of Health and Population Sciences, Public Health Building, University of Birmingham, UK
BMJ 342:d2202. 2011..To undertake a cost effectiveness analysis comparing first and second generation endometrial ablative techniques, hysterectomy, and the levonorgestrel releasing intrauterine system (Mirena) for treating heavy menstrual bleeding...
- Cost effectiveness of home based population screening for Chlamydia trachomatis in the UK: economic evaluation of chlamydia screening studies (ClaSS) projectTracy E Roberts
Health Economics Facility, HSMC, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, Switzerland
BMJ 335:291. 2007..To investigate the cost effectiveness of screening for Chlamydia trachomatis compared with a policy of no organised screening in the United Kingdom...
- Pulse oximetry as a screening test for congenital heart defects in newborn infants: a test accuracy study with evaluation of acceptability and cost-effectivenessA K Ewer
University of Birmingham, School of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Birmingham, UK
Health Technol Assess 16:v-xiii, 1-184. 2012..Screening for congenital heart defects (CHDs) relies on antenatal ultrasound and postnatal clinical examination; however, life-threatening defects often go undetected...
- Economic evaluation and randomised controlled trial of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation: UK collaborative trial. The Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Economics Working GroupT E Roberts
Health Economics Facility, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2RT
BMJ 317:911-5; discussion 915-6. 1998..To compare the resource implications and short term outcomes of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation and conventional management for term babies with severe respiratory failure...
- Screening to prevent spontaneous preterm birth: systematic reviews of accuracy and effectiveness literature with economic modellingH Honest
Birmingham Women s Hospital and Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Birmingham, UK
Health Technol Assess 13:1-627. 2009..To identify combinations of tests and treatments to predict and prevent spontaneous preterm birth...
- The Percutaneous shunting in Lower Urinary Tract Obstruction (PLUTO) study and randomised controlled trial: evaluation of the effectiveness, cost-effectiveness and acceptability of percutaneous vesicoamniotic shunting for lower urinary tract obstructionR K Morris
School of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, College of Medical and Dental Sciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
Health Technol Assess 17:1-232. 2013..Congenital lower urinary tract obstruction (LUTO) is a disease associated with high perinatal mortality and childhood morbidity. Fetal vesicoamniotic shunting (VAS) bypasses the obstruction with the potential to improve outcome...
- Cost-effectiveness of sentinel lymph node biopsy vs inguinofemoral lymphadenectomy in women with vulval cancerA J Sutton
Health Economics Unit, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
Br J Cancer 109:2533-47. 2013..This study examines the cost-effectiveness of sentinel lymph node biopsy, a potentially less morbid procedure, compared with inguinofemoral lymphadenectomy (IFL) among women with stage I and stage II vulval squamous cell carcinoma...
- An economic evaluation of positron emission tomography (PET) and positron emission tomography/computed tomography (PET/CT) for the diagnosis of breast cancer recurrenceP Auguste
Health Economics Unit on behalf of West Midlands Health Technology Assessment Collaboration, School of Health and Population Science, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
Health Technol Assess 15:iii-iv, 1-54. 2011....
- Cost-effectiveness of rapid tests and other existing strategies for screening and management of early-onset group B streptococcus during labourB Kaambwa
Health Economics Unit, Public Health Building, University of Birmingham, UK
BJOG 117:1616-27. 2010..To determine the cost-effectiveness of alternative screening and prevention strategies, including rapid intrapartum testing, for prevention of early-onset neonatal group B streptococcus (GBS) infection in the UK...
- Methods of prediction and prevention of pre-eclampsia: systematic reviews of accuracy and effectiveness literature with economic modellingC A Meads
Department of Public Health and Epidemiology, University of Birmingham, UK
Health Technol Assess 12:iii-iv, 1-270. 2008..Also to assess the cost-effectiveness of strategies (test-intervention combinations) to predict and prevent pre-eclampsia...
- Epidemiological, social, diagnostic and economic evaluation of population screening for genital chlamydial infectionN Low
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Bristol, UK
Health Technol Assess 11:iii-iv, ix-xii, 1-165. 2007..To investigate epidemiological, social, diagnostic and economic aspects of chlamydia screening in non-genitourinary medicine settings...
- The chlamydia screening studies: rationale and designN Low
Department of Social Medicine, University of Bristol, Canynge Hall, Whiteladies Road, Bristol BS8 2PR, UK
Sex Transm Infect 80:342-8. 2004..Screening has been recommended to reduce the prevalence and morbidity associated with genital chlamydia infection in the United Kingdom...
- Perceptions of professionalism in medicine: a qualitative studyV Jha
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, St James University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Med Educ 40:1027-36. 2006..This study aims to describe the views and experiences individuals have about medical professionalism to provide a more comprehensive understanding of medical professionalism...
- The challenges of integrating ultrasonography into routine rheumatology practice: addressing the needs of clinical rheumatologistsA K Brown
Academic Unit of Musculoskeletal Disease, University of Leeds, Chapel Allerton Hospital, Leeds, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 46:821-9. 2007....
- Meeting the challenge of prescribing and administering medicines safely: structured teaching and assessment for final year medical studentsS D Scobie
Pharmacy Department, Withington Hospital, Manchester, UK
Med Educ 37:434-7. 2003..To promote safe prescribing and administration of medicines in the pre-registration house officer (PRHO) year through a programme of structured teaching and assessment for final year medical students...
- Evidence of effective and efficient teaching and learning strategies in the education of rheumatologist ultrasonographers: evaluation from the 3rd BSR musculoskeletal ultrasonography courseA K Brown
Rheumatology (Oxford) 44:1068-9. 2005