T E Roberts
Affiliation: University of Birmingham
- Pulse oximetry as a screening test for congenital heart defects in newborn infants: a cost-effectiveness analysisT E Roberts
Health Economics Unit, School of Health and Populations Science, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
Arch Dis Child 97:221-6. 2012..To undertake a cost-effectiveness analysis that compares pulse oximetry as an adjunct to clinical examination with clinical examination alone in newborn screening for congenital heart defects (CHDs)...
- Cost effectiveness of home based population screening for Chlamydia trachomatis in the UK: economic evaluation of chlamydia screening studies (ClaSS) projectTracy E Roberts
Health Economics Facility, HSMC, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, Switzerland
BMJ 335:291. 2007..To investigate the cost effectiveness of screening for Chlamydia trachomatis compared with a policy of no organised screening in the United Kingdom...
- Is Accelerated Partner Therapy (APT) a cost-effective alternative to routine patient referral partner notification in the UK? Preliminary cost-consequence analysis of an exploratory trialTracy E Roberts
Health Economics Unit, School of Health and Population Sciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
Sex Transm Infect 88:16-20. 2012....
- Hysterectomy, endometrial ablation, and levonorgestrel releasing intrauterine system (Mirena) for treatment of heavy menstrual bleeding: cost effectiveness analysisT E Roberts
Health Economics Unit, School of Health and Population Sciences, Public Health Building, University of Birmingham, UK
BMJ 342:d2202. 2011..To undertake a cost effectiveness analysis comparing first and second generation endometrial ablative techniques, hysterectomy, and the levonorgestrel releasing intrauterine system (Mirena) for treating heavy menstrual bleeding...
- Screening for Chlamydia trachomatis: a systematic review of the economic evaluations and modellingT E Roberts
Health Economics Facility, HSMC, University of Birmingham, Park House, 40 Edgbaston Park Road, Birmingham B15 2RT, UK
Sex Transm Infect 82:193-200; discussion 201. 2006..To review systematically and critically, evidence used to derive estimates of costs and cost effectiveness of chlamydia screening...
- Pulse oximetry as a screening test for congenital heart defects in newborn infants: a test accuracy study with evaluation of acceptability and cost-effectivenessA K Ewer
University of Birmingham, School of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Birmingham, UK
Health Technol Assess 16:v-xiii, 1-184. 2012..Screening for congenital heart defects (CHDs) relies on antenatal ultrasound and postnatal clinical examination; however, life-threatening defects often go undetected...
- Economic evaluation and randomised controlled trial of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation: UK collaborative trial. The Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Economics Working GroupT E Roberts
Health Economics Facility, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2RT
BMJ 317:911-5; discussion 915-6. 1998..To compare the resource implications and short term outcomes of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation and conventional management for term babies with severe respiratory failure...
- Screening to prevent spontaneous preterm birth: systematic reviews of accuracy and effectiveness literature with economic modellingH Honest
Birmingham Women s Hospital and Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Birmingham, UK
Health Technol Assess 13:1-627. 2009..To identify combinations of tests and treatments to predict and prevent spontaneous preterm birth...
- An economic evaluation of positron emission tomography (PET) and positron emission tomography/computed tomography (PET/CT) for the diagnosis of breast cancer recurrenceP Auguste
Health Economics Unit on behalf of West Midlands Health Technology Assessment Collaboration, School of Health and Population Science, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
Health Technol Assess 15:iii-iv, 1-54. 2011....
- Cost-effectiveness of rapid tests and other existing strategies for screening and management of early-onset group B streptococcus during labourB Kaambwa
Health Economics Unit, Public Health Building, University of Birmingham, UK
BJOG 117:1616-27. 2010..To determine the cost-effectiveness of alternative screening and prevention strategies, including rapid intrapartum testing, for prevention of early-onset neonatal group B streptococcus (GBS) infection in the UK...
- Methods of prediction and prevention of pre-eclampsia: systematic reviews of accuracy and effectiveness literature with economic modellingC A Meads
Department of Public Health and Epidemiology, University of Birmingham, UK
Health Technol Assess 12:iii-iv, 1-270. 2008..Also to assess the cost-effectiveness of strategies (test-intervention combinations) to predict and prevent pre-eclampsia...
- Epidemiological, social, diagnostic and economic evaluation of population screening for genital chlamydial infectionN Low
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Bristol, UK
Health Technol Assess 11:iii-iv, ix-xii, 1-165. 2007..To investigate epidemiological, social, diagnostic and economic aspects of chlamydia screening in non-genitourinary medicine settings...
- The chlamydia screening studies: rationale and designN Low
Department of Social Medicine, University of Bristol, Canynge Hall, Whiteladies Road, Bristol BS8 2PR, UK
Sex Transm Infect 80:342-8. 2004..Screening has been recommended to reduce the prevalence and morbidity associated with genital chlamydia infection in the United Kingdom...
- Perceptions of professionalism in medicine: a qualitative studyV Jha
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, St James University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Med Educ 40:1027-36. 2006..This study aims to describe the views and experiences individuals have about medical professionalism to provide a more comprehensive understanding of medical professionalism...
- Evidence of effective and efficient teaching and learning strategies in the education of rheumatologist ultrasonographers: evaluation from the 3rd BSR musculoskeletal ultrasonography courseA K Brown
Rheumatology (Oxford) 44:1068-9. 2005
- Meeting the challenge of prescribing and administering medicines safely: structured teaching and assessment for final year medical studentsS D Scobie
Pharmacy Department, Withington Hospital, Manchester, UK
Med Educ 37:434-7. 2003..To promote safe prescribing and administration of medicines in the pre-registration house officer (PRHO) year through a programme of structured teaching and assessment for final year medical students...
- The challenges of integrating ultrasonography into routine rheumatology practice: addressing the needs of clinical rheumatologistsA K Brown
Academic Unit of Musculoskeletal Disease, University of Leeds, Chapel Allerton Hospital, Leeds, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 46:821-9. 2007....