Keith J Roberts
Affiliation: University of Birmingham
- Influence of air ambulance doctors on on-scene times, clinical interventions, decision-making and independent paramedic practiceK Roberts
County Air Ambulance, Warwickshire and Northamptonshire Air Ambulance, Coventry, UK
Emerg Med J 26:128-34. 2009..Two helicopter emergency medical service (HEMS) models operate in the West Midlands, one with doctors and the other without. A study was undertaken to compare on-scene time, management and decision-making between the two units...
- Pre-operative prediction of pancreatic fistula: Is it possible?Keith J Roberts
The Department of Pancreatic Surgery, St James University Hospital, Beckett St, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK Electronic address
Pancreatology 13:423-8. 2013..Various intra and post operative factors including pancreatic duct width and steatosis are associated with PF. We sought to identify whether information available in the pre-operative phase can predict PF...
- Double-blind randomized sham controlled trial of intraperitoneal bupivacaine during emergency laparoscopic cholecystectomyKeith J Roberts
Department of Hepatopancreatobiliary Surgery, University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire, United Kingdom
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 12:310-6. 2013..This study was undertaken to assess the efficacy of IPLA in patients undergoing em-LC...
- Endoscopic ultrasound assessment of lesions of the ampulla of Vater is of particular value in low-grade dysplasiaKeith J Roberts
The Liver Unit, University Hospitals Birmingham, UK
HPB (Oxford) 15:18-23. 2013..The role of endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) in diagnosing these lesions and the degree of dysplasia is unclear...
- Biliary and portal vein strictures following treatment of Hodgkin's lymphomaK J Roberts
Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 94:e225-6. 2012..The safe and effective treatment of this case highlights the benefit of a multidisciplinary approach to complex medical and surgical problems...
- Pinworm infection masquerading as colorectal liver metastasisK J Roberts
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 94:e195-7. 2012..It is standard practice to diagnose colorectal liver metastases solely on radiological evidence. Without obtaining tissue prior to liver resection, misdiagnosis of solitary necrotic nodules of the liver will continue to occur...
- Pancreaticopleural fistula: etiology, treatment and long-term follow-upKeith J Roberts
Department of Pancreatic Surgery, St James University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 11:215-9. 2012..Pancreaticopleural fistula (PPF) are uncommon. Complex multidisciplinary treatment is required due to nutritional compromise and sepsis. This is the first description of long-term follow-up of patients with PPF...
- Efficacy of intraperitoneal local anaesthetic techniques during laparoscopic cholecystectomyK J Roberts
Department of Hepatopancreatobiliary Surgery, University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire, c o Mr Lam s secretary, Walsgrave Hospital, Clifford Bridge Road, Coventry CV2 2DX, UK
Surg Endosc 25:3698-705. 2011..This study assesses the efficacy of LA injected to the peritoneum of the right hemidiaphragm or topical wash with a control group...
- Uncontrolled organ donation following prehospital cardiac arrest: a potential solution to the shortage of organ donors in the United Kingdom?Keith J Roberts
Department of Liver Transplantation, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
Transpl Int 24:477-81. 2011..A regional AA could contribute to a national uncontrolled DCD programme. Given that there are 31 AA's in England and Wales, we estimate that there could be a minimum of 300 additional potential donors annually...
- Long-term survival and cost analysis of an annual Barrett's surveillance programmeKeith J Roberts
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust, UK
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:399-403. 2010..There are variations in surveillance practice, clinical outcomes and economic analyses. The study examined long-term survival and financial impact in patients undergoing annual surveillance of BM...