Keith J Roberts
Affiliation: University of Birmingham
- Influence of air ambulance doctors on on-scene times, clinical interventions, decision-making and independent paramedic practiceK Roberts
County Air Ambulance, Warwickshire and Northamptonshire Air Ambulance, Coventry, UK
Emerg Med J 26:128-34. 2009..Two helicopter emergency medical service (HEMS) models operate in the West Midlands, one with doctors and the other without. A study was undertaken to compare on-scene time, management and decision-making between the two units...
- Pre-operative prediction of pancreatic fistula: is it possible?Keith J Roberts
The Department of Pancreatic Surgery, St James University Hospital, Beckett St, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
Pancreatology 13:423-8. 2013..Various intra and post operative factors including pancreatic duct width and steatosis are associated with PF. We sought to identify whether information available in the pre-operative phase can predict PF...
- Double-blind randomized sham controlled trial of intraperitoneal bupivacaine during emergency laparoscopic cholecystectomyKeith J Roberts
Department of Hepatopancreatobiliary Surgery, University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire, United Kingdom
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 12:310-6. 2013..This study was undertaken to assess the efficacy of IPLA in patients undergoing em-LC...
- Endoscopic ultrasound assessment of lesions of the ampulla of Vater is of particular value in low-grade dysplasiaKeith J Roberts
The Liver Unit, University Hospitals Birmingham, UK
HPB (Oxford) 15:18-23. 2013..The role of endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) in diagnosing these lesions and the degree of dysplasia is unclear...
- Biliary and portal vein strictures following treatment of Hodgkin's lymphomaK J Roberts
Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 94:e225-6. 2012..The safe and effective treatment of this case highlights the benefit of a multidisciplinary approach to complex medical and surgical problems...
- Pinworm infection masquerading as colorectal liver metastasisK J Roberts
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 94:e195-7. 2012..It is standard practice to diagnose colorectal liver metastases solely on radiological evidence. Without obtaining tissue prior to liver resection, misdiagnosis of solitary necrotic nodules of the liver will continue to occur...
- Pancreaticopleural fistula: etiology, treatment and long-term follow-upKeith J Roberts
Department of Pancreatic Surgery, St James University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 11:215-9. 2012..Pancreaticopleural fistula (PPF) are uncommon. Complex multidisciplinary treatment is required due to nutritional compromise and sepsis. This is the first description of long-term follow-up of patients with PPF...
- Efficacy of intraperitoneal local anaesthetic techniques during laparoscopic cholecystectomyK J Roberts
Department of Hepatopancreatobiliary Surgery, University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire, c o Mr Lam s secretary, Walsgrave Hospital, Clifford Bridge Road, Coventry CV2 2DX, UK
Surg Endosc 25:3698-705. 2011..This study assesses the efficacy of LA injected to the peritoneum of the right hemidiaphragm or topical wash with a control group...
- Uncontrolled organ donation following prehospital cardiac arrest: a potential solution to the shortage of organ donors in the United Kingdom?Keith J Roberts
Department of Liver Transplantation, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
Transpl Int 24:477-81. 2011..A regional AA could contribute to a national uncontrolled DCD programme. Given that there are 31 AA's in England and Wales, we estimate that there could be a minimum of 300 additional potential donors annually...
- Long-term survival and cost analysis of an annual Barrett's surveillance programmeKeith J Roberts
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust, UK
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:399-403. 2010..There are variations in surveillance practice, clinical outcomes and economic analyses. The study examined long-term survival and financial impact in patients undergoing annual surveillance of BM...
- How severe is diabetes after total pancreatectomy? A case-matched analysisKeith J Roberts
Department of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery, University Hospitals Birmingham National Health Service NHS Trust, Birmingham, UK
HPB (Oxford) 16:814-21. 2014..The severity of postoperative diabetes and existence of 'brittle diabetes' are unclear. This study sought to identify quality of life (QoL) and diabetes-specific outcomes after TP...
- Changing indications for a total pancreatectomy: perspectives over a quarter of a centuryMax Almond
Department of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery, University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust, Birmingham, UK
HPB (Oxford) 17:416-21. 2015..The effects of these upon the incidence, indications for and outcomes of TP are unclear. Patients undergoing TP at a single institution over a quarter of a century were reviewed to try to address these issues...
- A preoperative predictive score of pancreatic fistula following pancreatoduodenectomyKeith J Roberts
Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery Unit, University Hospitals Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
HPB (Oxford) 16:620-8. 2014..The preoperative prediction of POPF permits an individualized approach to patient consent and selection, and may influence postoperative management. This study sought to develop and test a score to predict POPF...
- Lymphoepithelial cysts of the pancreas:a management dilemmaJulie Martin
Departments of Pancreatic Surgery, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 13:539-44. 2014..LECs appear more common in elderly males, and are typically incidental, large, unilocular cysts. Close attention to signal intensity on MRI may allow pre-operative diagnosis of these lesions. ..
- Elevated pre-operative neutrophil to lymphocyte ratio predicts disease free survival following pancreatic resection for periampullary carcinomasMazin O Hamed
The Pancreatic Unit, St James s University Hospital, Beckett Street, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
Pancreatology 13:534-8. 2013....
- Contemporary management and classification of hepatic leiomyosarcomaMazin O Hamed
Liver Unit, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
HPB (Oxford) 17:362-7. 2015..This study presents data on the outcomes of liver resection for leiomyosarcoma and suggests an algorithm for its pathological assessment and treatment...
- Kinetics of liver function tests after a hepatectomy for colorectal liver metastases predict post-operative liver failure as defined by the International Study Group for Liver SurgeryKeith J Roberts
Department of Liver Surgery, St James University Hospital, Leeds, UK
HPB (Oxford) 15:345-51. 2013..The purpose of the present study was to examine the kinetics of conventional liver function tests (LFT) after a major liver resection and is the first to examine their utility in predicting PHLF in groups defined by the ISGLS...