Beverly A Roberts
Affiliation: University of Edinburgh
- IQ in childhood and atherosclerosis in middle-age: 40 Year follow-up of the Newcastle Thousand Families Cohort StudyBeverly A Roberts
Centre for Cognitive Ageing and Cognitive Epidemiology, Department of Psychology, University of Edinburgh, 7 George Square, Edinburgh EH8 9JZ, UK Electronic address
Atherosclerosis 231:234-7. 2013..We therefore examined the association between childhood intelligence and atherosclerosis using carotid IMT as a marker of the atherosclerotic process...
- Does retirement influence cognitive performance? The Whitehall II StudyBeverly A Roberts
Department of Epidemiologyand Public Health, University College London, London, UK
J Epidemiol Community Health 65:958-63. 2011..Occupational work involves many factors capable of protecting cognition. The 'disuse' hypothesis suggests that removal of such factors at retirement may increase the risk of cognitive decline...
- Reaction time and incident cancer: 25 years of follow-up of study members in the UK Health and Lifestyle SurveyBeverly A Roberts
Centre for Cognitive Ageing and Cognitive Epidemiology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 9:e95054. 2014..To investigate the association of reaction time with cancer incidence...
- Intelligence in youth and all-cause-mortality: systematic review with meta-analysisCatherine M Calvin
Centre for Cognitive Ageing and Cognitive Epidemiology, Department of Psychology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Int J Epidemiol 40:626-44. 2011....
- Neuroticism combined with slower and more variable reaction time: synergistic risk factors for 7-year cognitive decline in femalesGareth E Hagger-Johnson
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University College London, 1 19 Torrington Place, London WC1E 6BT, UK
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 67:572-81. 2012..Regression-derived factor scores were used to summarize general change across 4 reaction time variables: simple mean, 4-choice mean, simple variability, and 4-choice variability (53.52% of variance)...