R D Riley
Affiliation: University of Birmingham
- Developing and validating risk prediction models in an individual participant data meta-analysisIkhlaaq Ahmed
School of Health and Population Sciences, Public Health Building, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
BMC Med Res Methodol 14:3. 2014..We review how researchers develop and validate risk prediction models within an individual participant data (IPD) meta-analysis, in order to assess the feasibility and conduct of the approach...
- Protocol for a systematic review of the diagnostic and prognostic utility of tests currently available for the detection of aspirin resistance in patients with established cardiovascular or cerebrovascular diseaseSmriti Raichand
Public Health, Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Health and Population Sciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Syst Rev 2:16. 2013..The review has been registered with PROSPERO (CRD42012002151)...
- Exercise therapy for chronic low back pain: protocol for an individual participant data meta-analysisJill A Hayden
Department of Community Health and Epidemiology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3H 1V7, Canada
Syst Rev 1:64. 2012....
- Predicting infectious complications in neutropenic children and young people with cancer (IPD protocol)Robert S Phillips
Centre for Reviews and Dissemination, Alcuin College, University of York, York, YO10 5DD, UK
Syst Rev 1:8. 2012....
- Individual participant data meta-analyses should not ignore clusteringGhada Abo-Zaid
European Centre for Environment and Human Health, Peninsula College of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Exeter, Knowledge Spa, Royal Cornwall Hospital, Truro, Cornwall TR1 3HD, UK
J Clin Epidemiol 66:865-873.e4. 2013..Individual participant data (IPD) meta-analyses often analyze their IPD as if coming from a single study. We compare this approach with analyses that rather account for clustering of patients within studies...
- Meta-analysis of randomised trials with a continuous outcome according to baseline imbalance and availability of individual participant dataRichard D Riley
School of Health and Population Sciences, University of Birmingham, Public Health Building, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT, UK
Stat Med 32:2747-66. 2013..Finally, we extend the ANCOVA model to estimate the interaction between treatment effect and baseline values and compare options for estimating this interaction given only aggregate data...
- Prognosis Research Strategy (PROGRESS) 2: prognostic factor researchRichard D Riley
School of Health and Population Sciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom
PLoS Med 10:e1001380. 2013....
- Individual participant data meta-analysis of prognostic factor studies: state of the art?Ghada Abo-Zaid
European Centre for Environment and Human Health, Peninsula College of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Exeter Knowledge Spa Royal Cornwall Hospital Truro, Cornwall TR1 3HD UK
BMC Med Res Methodol 12:56. 2012..We assessed the feasibility and conduct of this approach...
- Individual patient data meta-analysis of survival data using Poisson regression modelsMichael J Crowther
Centre for Biostatistics and Genetic Epidemiology, Department of Health Sciences, University of Leicester, Adrian Building, University Road, Leicester LE1 7RH, UK
BMC Med Res Methodol 12:34. 2012..We describe an alternative approach using Poisson based Generalised Linear Models (GLMs)...
- Statistical methods can be improved within Cochrane pregnancy and childbirth reviewsRichard D Riley
Department of Public Health, Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Public Health Building, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
J Clin Epidemiol 64:608-18. 2011..To assess statistical methods within systematic reviews of the Cochrane Pregnancy and Childbirth Group (CPCG)...
- Prognostic markers in cancer: the evolution of evidence from single studies to meta-analysis, and beyondR D Riley
Department of Public Health, Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Public Health Building, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
Br J Cancer 100:1219-29. 2009..We also outline why collaborative, multi-centre, and multi-disciplinary teams should be an essential part of future studies...
- Mortality and implant revision rates of hip arthroplasty in patients with osteoarthritis: registry based cohort studyD J W McMinn
McMinn Centre, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
BMJ 344:e3319. 2012....
- Diagnostic accuracy of spot urinary protein and albumin to creatinine ratios for detection of significant proteinuria or adverse pregnancy outcome in patients with suspected pre-eclampsia: systematic review and meta-analysisR K Morris
Research Section of Reproduction, Genes and Development, School of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, College of Medical and Dental Sciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
BMJ 345:e4342. 2012..To determine the diagnostic accuracy of two "spot urine" tests for significant proteinuria or adverse pregnancy outcome in pregnant women with suspected pre-eclampsia...
- An evaluation of bivariate random-effects meta-analysis for the joint synthesis of two correlated outcomesR D Riley
Centre for Biostatistics and Genetic Epidemiology, Department of Health Sciences, University of Leicester, UK
Stat Med 26:78-97. 2007..Bivariate meta-regression and further research priorities are also discussed...