M C Richardson
Affiliation: University of Southampton
- Rearrangement of extracellular matrix during cluster formation by human luteinising granulosa cells in cultureM C Richardson
Obstetrics and Gynaecology, School of Medicine, University of Southampton, Princess Anne Hospital, UK
J Anat 196:243-8. 2000..Results suggest the potential for active rearrangement of matrix by granulosa-derived cells during corpus luteum development...
- Insulin and human chorionic gonadotropin cause a shift in the balance of sterol regulatory element-binding protein (SREBP) isoforms toward the SREBP-1c isoform in cultures of human granulosa cellsMalcolm C Richardson
Developmental Origins of Health and Disease Research Division, University of Southampton, Level F, Princess Anne Hospital, Coxford Road, Southampton SO16 5YA, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:3738-46. 2005..We suggest that high circulating insulin, associated with clinically defined insulin resistance, may up-regulate SREBP-1c expression in the ovary...
- Stimulation of lactate production in human granulosa cells by metformin and potential involvement of adenosine 5' monophosphate-activated protein kinaseMalcolm C Richardson
Developmental Origins of Health and Disease Research Division, Institute of Developmental Sciences, University of Southampton, Southampton General Hospital, Tremona Road, Southampton SO16 6YD, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:670-7. 2009..Production of 3-carbon units (as lactate) by granulosa cells (GCs) is important in follicular and oocyte development and may be modulated by metformin...
- Effect of gonadotrophin on cell and matrix retention and expression of metalloproteinases and their inhibitor in cultured human granulosa cells modelling corpus luteum functionK E Aston
University of Southampton, Princess Anne Hospital, UK
Mol Hum Reprod 2:26-30. 1996..We speculate that stabilization of the ECM may be an important aspect of HCG action in the corpus luteum...
- Luteinized human granulosa cells are associated with endogenous basement membrane-like components in cultureE Alexopoulos
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Southampton, Princess Anne Hospital, Coxford Road, Southampton SO16 5YA, UK
Mol Hum Reprod 6:324-30. 2000..To conclude, luteinization and maintenance of the GC-derived layer of the corpus luteum is likely to involve deposition and conservation of pericellular ECM components...
- Progesterone inhibits insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 (IGFBP-1) production by explants of the Fallopian tubeS Davies
Maternal, Fetal and Neonatal Physiology, Developmental Origins of Health and Disease Division, University of Southampton, Level F (815, Princess Anne Hospital, Coxford Road, Southampton SO16 5YA, UK
Mol Hum Reprod 10:935-9. 2004..We suggest that progesterone might, therefore, play a role in controlling the bioavailability of IGFs to the embryo during early development within the Fallopian tube...
- Suppression of matrix metalloproteinase production by hCG in cultures of human luteinized granulosa cells as a model for gonadotrophin-induced luteal rescueA Stamouli
Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Southampton, UK
J Reprod Fertil 107:235-9. 1996..Our results provide further evidence for the hypothesis that the rescue of the corpus luteum in early pregnancy involves the maintenance of cellular function through the stabilization of the extracellular matrix...