Elizabeth A Richardson
Affiliation: University of Edinburgh
- Role of physical activity in the relationship between urban green space and healthE A Richardson
Institute of Geography and the Lived Environment, School of Geosciences, University of Edinburgh, UK
Public Health 127:318-24. 2013..This study sought to investigate whether urban green space was related to individual-level health outcomes, and whether levels of physical activity were likely to be a mediating factor in any relationships found...
- The association between green space and cause-specific mortality in urban New Zealand: an ecological analysis of green space utilityElizabeth Richardson
School of Geosciences, The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
BMC Public Health 10:240. 2010..We subsequently asked what is the mechanism(s) by which green space availability may influence mortality outcomes, by contrasting health associations for different types of green space...
- Evidence-based selection of environmental factors and datasets for measuring multiple environmental deprivation in epidemiological researchElizabeth A Richardson
The University of Edinburgh, UK
Environ Health 8:S18. 2009..This stage laid the foundations for the rest of the project, which will be reported elsewhere...
- Gender differences in relationships between urban green space and health in the United KingdomElizabeth A Richardson
School of Geosciences, University of Edinburgh, Drummond Street, Edinburgh EH8 9XP, United Kingdom
Soc Sci Med 71:568-75. 2010..Additionally, urban green space measures that capture quality as well as quantity could be more suited to studying green space and health relationships for women...
- Is particulate air pollution associated with health and health inequalities in New Zealand?Elizabeth A Richardson
School of Geosciences, The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH8 9XP, UK
Health Place 17:1137-43. 2011..Establishing and enforcing a lower guideline value is likely to have population health benefits. However, socioeconomic inequalities in respiratory disease mortality were not significantly elevated with PM(10) exposure...
- Green cities and health: a question of scale?Elizabeth A Richardson
School of Geosciences, University of Edinburgh, Drummond Street, Edinburgh EH8 9XP, UK
J Epidemiol Community Health 66:160-5. 2012..We investigated whether a relationship between green space coverage and selected mortality rates exists at the city level in the USA...
- Particulate air pollution and health inequalities: a Europe-wide ecological analysisElizabeth A Richardson
Centre for Research on Environment, Society and Health CRESH, School of Geosciences, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH8 9XP, UK
Int J Health Geogr 12:34. 2013..We consider whether populations of low-income European regions were a) exposed to disproportionately high levels of particulate air pollution (PM10) and/or b) disproportionately susceptible to pollution-related mortality effects...
- Mortality inequalities by environment type in New ZealandNiamh K Shortt
School of Geosciences, The University of Edinburgh, Drummond Street, Edinburgh EH8 9XP, UK
Health Place 18:1132-6. 2012....
- Environmental justice and health: a study of multiple environmental deprivation and geographical inequalities in health in New ZealandJamie R Pearce
Institute of Geography, School of Geosciences, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH8 9XP, UK
Soc Sci Med 73:410-20. 2011..These findings demonstrate that it is possible to develop an index of multiple environmental deprivation in an alternative national context which has utility in epidemiological investigations...