Affiliation: University of Sheffield
- A protocol for a trial of homeopathic treatment for irritable bowel syndromeEmily J Peckham
School of Healthcare, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
BMC Complement Altern Med 12:212. 2012..This three-armed study seeks to explore the effectiveness of individualised homeopathic treatment plus usual care compared to both an attention control plus usual care and usual care alone, for patients with irritable bowel syndrome...
- Implications of the 'placebo effect' for CAM researchClare Relton
Sheffield School of Health and Related Research, University of Sheffield, Regent Court, 30 Regent Street, Sheffield S1 4DA, UK
Complement Ther Med 21:121-4. 2013..Future CAM research should consider alternative RCT designs that help ensure that participants' experiences are uncontaminated by 'meaning responses' to information that they may receive fake treatments, i.e. placebos...
- A pilot 'cohort multiple randomised controlled trial' of treatment by a homeopath for women with menopausal hot flushesC Relton
School of Health and Related Research, University of Sheffield, Regent Court, 30 Regent Street, Sheffield, S1 4DA, UK
Contemp Clin Trials 33:853-9. 2012..The design was first piloted by addressing a clinical question " What is the clinical and cost effectiveness of treatment by a homeopath for women with menopausal hot flushes?"...
- Homeopathy service in a National Health Service community menopause clinic: audit of clinical outcomesClare Relton
School of Health and Related Research, University of Sheffield, Sheffield S1 4DA, UK
J Br Menopause Soc 11:72-3. 2005..Patients reported significant benefit from the service. The greatest response was seen in those reporting headaches, vasomotor symptoms, emotional/psychological symptoms and tiredness/fatigue as their primary symptoms...
- Patients treated by homeopaths registered with the Society of Homeopaths: a pilot studyC Relton
HSR, Sheffield School for Health and Related Research, University of Sheffield, Sheffield S1 4DA, UK
Homeopathy 96:87-9. 2007..There is little information on the types of symptoms for which patients request homeopathic treatment from Society of Homeopaths (SoH) homeopaths in the UK...
- 'Homeopathy': untangling the debateClare Relton
University of Sheffield, Medical Care Research Unit, School of Health and Related Research, Regent Court, Regent Street, Sheffield S1 4DA, UK
Homeopathy 97:152-5. 2008..The observational evidence base provides evidence as to the effectiveness of treatment by a homeopath. We make four recommendations to promote clarity in the reporting, design and interpretation of homeopathy research...
- Healthcare provided by a homeopath as an adjunct to usual care for Fibromyalgia (FMS): results of a pilot Randomised Controlled TrialClare Relton
School of Health and Related Research, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK School of Healthcare, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
Homeopathy 98:77-82. 2009..To assess the feasibility of a Randomised Controlled Trial (RCT) design of usual care compared with usual care plus adjunctive care by a homeopath for patients with Fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS)...
- South Yorkshire Cohort: a 'cohort trials facility' study of health and weight - protocol for the recruitment phaseClare Relton
National Institute for Health Research Collaboration for Leadership in Applied Health Research and Care for South Yorkshire, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals, 11 Broomfield Road, Sheffield, S10 2SE, UK
BMC Public Health 11:640. 2011..This protocol reports the design of the facility and outlines the recruitment phase methods...
- Homeopathy for insomnia: a systematic review of research evidenceKaty L Cooper
School of Health and Related Research ScHARR, University of Sheffield, Regent Court, Sheffield, UK
Sleep Med Rev 14:329-37. 2010..Insomnia is a common problem which impacts on quality of life. Current management includes psychological and behavioural therapies and/or pharmacological treatments...