Affiliation: University of Leeds
Location: Leeds, UK
- Medicine and aviation: a review of the comparisonR Randell
Department of Computing Science, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ, United Kingdom
Methods Inf Med 42:433-6. 2003..This paper aims to understand the nature of medical error in highly technological environments and argues that a comparison with aviation can blur its real understanding...
- Working at the microscope: analysis of the activities involved in diagnostic pathologyRebecca Randell
Pathology and Tumour Biology, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
Histopathology 60:504-10. 2012..To study the current work practice of histopathologists to inform the design of digital microscopy systems...
- The importance of the verbal shift handover report: a multi-site case studyRebecca Randell
Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, Wellcome Trust Brenner Building, St James s University Hospital, UK
Int J Med Inform 80:803-12. 2011..The aim of this paper is to describe current practices for the conduct of shift handovers and to use this as a basis for considering the role that technology could play in supporting handover...
- Organisational influences on nurses' use of clinical decision support systemsRebecca Randell
Pathology and Tumour Biology, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, Leeds, United Kingdom
Int J Med Inform 79:412-21. 2010..The aim of this paper is to explore what nurses and NHS (National Health Service) managers working in NHS organisations in England perceive as the organisational features facilitating the introduction and successful use of CDSS...
- A national survey of computerized decision support systems available to nurses in EnglandNatasha Mitchell
Department of Health Sciences, University of York, Heslington, York YO10 5DD, UK
J Nurs Manag 17:772-80. 2009..To examine the characteristics of computerized decision support systems (CDSS) currently available to nurses working in the National Health Service (NHS) in England...
- Experience and nurses use of computerised decision support systemsDawn Dowding
Hull York Medical School, York, UK
Stud Health Technol Inform 146:506-10. 2009..The implications of these results are discussed in relation to our knowledge of the characteristics of the development of expertise in nursing...
- From pull to push: understanding nurses' information needsRebecca Randell
Centre for HCI Design, School of Informatics, City University, Northampton Square London EC1V 0HB, UK
Health Informatics J 15:75-85. 2009..The findings suggest that, if we wish to encourage nurses to use research information in clinical practice, we need to move from 'pull' to 'push' technology...
- Nurses' use of computerised clinical decision support systems: a case site analysisDawn Dowding
Department of Health Sciences, University of York, Hull York Medical School, University of York, York, UK
J Clin Nurs 18:1159-67. 2009..To explore how nurses use computerised clinical decision support systems in clinical practice and the factors that influence use...
- Supporting nurse decision making in primary care: exploring use of and attitude to decision toolsRebecca Randell
Centre for HCI Design School of Informatics City University Northampton Square London EC1V 0HB, UK rebecca randell 1 city ac uk
Health Informatics J 15:5-16. 2009....
- Effects of computerized decision support systems on nursing performance and patient outcomes: a systematic reviewRebecca Randell
Centre for HCI Design, School of Informatics, City University, London, UK
J Health Serv Res Policy 12:242-9. 2007..To examine the effect of computerized decision support systems (CDSSs) on nursing performance and patient outcomes...
- Integration of robotic surgery into routine practice and impacts on communication, collaboration, and decision making: a realist process evaluation protocolRebecca Randell
School of Healthcare, Baines Wing, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
Implement Sci 9:52. 2014....
- Virtual reality microscope versus conventional microscope regarding time to diagnosis: an experimental studyRebecca Randell
Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Histopathology 62:351-8. 2013..To create and evaluate a virtual reality (VR) microscope that is as efficient as the conventional microscope, seeking to support the introduction of digital slides into routine practice...