Affiliation: University of Cambridge
- Desai N, Brown A, Amunts A, Ramakrishnan V. The structure of the yeast mitochondrial ribosome. Science. 2017;355:528-531 pubmed publisher..The structure provides insights into the evolution and species-specific specialization of mitochondrial translation. ..
- Ramakrishnan V. Ribosome structure and the mechanism of translation. Cell. 2002;108:557-72 pubmed..This review is an attempt to correlate the structures with biochemical and genetic data to identify the gaps and limits in our current knowledge of the mechanisms involved in translation. ..
- FernÃ¡ndez I, Bai X, Murshudov G, Scheres S, Ramakrishnan V. Initiation of translation by cricket paralysis virus IRES requires its translocation in the ribosome. Cell. 2014;157:823-31 pubmed publisher..Translocation of the IRES by elongation factor 2 (eEF2) is required to bring the first codon of the mRNA into the A site and to allow the start of translation. ..
- Hussain T, Llácer J, Wimberly B, Kieft J, Ramakrishnan V. Large-Scale Movements of IF3 and tRNA during Bacterial Translation Initiation. Cell. 2016;167:133-144.e13 pubmed publisher..IF3 and tRNA undergo large conformational changes to facilitate the accommodation of the formylmethionyl-tRNA (fMet-tRNA(fMet)) into the P site for start codon recognition. ..
- James N, Brown A, Gordiyenko Y, Ramakrishnan V. Translational termination without a stop codon. Science. 2016;354:1437-1440 pubmed