Affiliation: University College London
- Leaders, leadership and future primary care clinical researchJohn Furler
Department of General Practice, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
BMC Fam Pract 9:52. 2008..To meet the increasing demands being made of it, primary care needs its own thriving research culture and knowledge base...
- Prevalence of cognitive impairment: results from the MRC trial of assessment and management of older people in the communityGreta Rait
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Keppel Street, London WC1E 7HT, UK
Age Ageing 34:242-8. 2005..cognitive impairment is an important part of the diagnostic criteria for dementia. The Mini-Mental State Examination (MMSE) is recommended to test for cognitive impairment and to monitor medication response...
- Recent trends in the incidence of recorded depression in primary careGreta Rait
MRC General Practice Research Framework, Stephenson House, 158 160 North Gower Street, London NW1 2ND, UK
Br J Psychiatry 195:520-4. 2009..There is a paucity of data describing how general practitioners (GPs) label or record depression...
- Rationale and development of a survey tool for describing and auditing the composition of, and flows between, specialist and community clinical services for sexually transmitted infectionsCatherine Rh Aicken
Centre for Sexual Health and HIV Research, Research Department of Infection and Population Health, University College London, Mortimer Market Centre, off Capper Street, London WC1E 6JB, UK
BMC Health Serv Res 11:30. 2011..Here we describe the rationale and development of this survey tool...
- Developing a Dementia Research Registry: a descriptive case study from North Thames DeNDRoN and the EVIDEM programmeSteve Iliffe
Research Department of Primary Care and Population Health, University College London, Royal Free Campus, Rowland Hill St, London NW3 2PF, UK
BMC Med Res Methodol 11:9. 2011..To describe the development of a dementia research registry, outlining the conceptual, practical and ethical challenges, and to report initial experiences of recruiting people with dementia to it from primary and secondary care...
- Making decisions for people with dementia who lack capacity: qualitative study of family carers in UKGill Livingston
Department of Mental Health Sciences, University College London, London W1W 7EJ
BMJ 341:c4184. 2010..To identify common difficult decisions made by family carers on behalf of people with dementia, and facilitators of and barriers to such decisions, in order to produce information for family carers about overcoming barriers...
- Primary care and dementia: 1. diagnosis, screening and disclosureSteve Iliffe
Department of Primary Care for Older People, University College London, London, NW3 2PF, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 24:895-901. 2009..To write a narrative review of the roles of primary care practitioners in caring for people with dementia in the community...
- Panic disorder and risk of new onset coronary heart disease, acute myocardial infarction, and cardiac mortality: cohort study using the general practice research databaseKate Walters
Department of Primary Care and Population Sciences, Hampstead Campus, University College London, Rowland Hill St, London NW3 2PF, UK
Eur Heart J 29:2981-8. 2008..To determine the risk of coronary heart disease (CHD), acute myocardial infarction (MI), and CHD-related mortality in patients with panic attacks/disorder...
- 'Always between two cultures': young British Bangladeshis and their mothers' views on sex and relationshipsCatherine Griffiths
Centre for Sexual Health and HIV Research, University College London, UK
Cult Health Sex 10:709-23. 2008..Sex and relationships education content needs to be inclusive, have both secular and faith perspectives and engage where relevant with local communities...
- Self management of arthritis in primary care: randomised controlled trialMarta Buszewicz
Department of Primary Care and Population Sciences, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London N19 5LW
BMJ 333:879. 2006..To evaluate clinical effectiveness of a self management programme for arthritis in patients in primary care with osteoarthritis...
- Systematic review: prognosis of angina in primary careMelvyn Jones
Royal Free University College Medical School, Department of Primary Care and Population Sciences, London, UK
Fam Pract 23:520-8. 2006..Angina is a common chronic condition, largely managed in primary care in the UK. Mortality data are predominately from population or hospital studies with little known about the prognosis of angina in general practice settings...
- Serum bilirubin and risk of respiratory disease and deathLaura J Horsfall
Research Department of Primary Care and Population Health, University College London, Royal Free Hospital, Rowland Hill Street, London NW3 2PF, England
JAMA 305:691-7. 2011..Serum total bilirubin levels in healthy patients reflect genetic and environmental factors that could influence the risk of developing respiratory disease...