Affiliation: University of Liverpool
- Using consumer perspectives to inform the cultural adaptation of psychological treatments for depression: a mixed methods study from South AsiaNeil Krishan Aggarwal
Columbia University, New York State Psychiatric Institute, 1051 Riverside Drive, Unit 11, New York, NY 10032, USA Electronic address
J Affect Disord 163:88-101. 2014..Integrating consumer perspectives in developing and adapting psychological treatments (PTs) can enhance their acceptability in diverse cultural contexts...
- Translation, cultural adaptation and field-testing of the Thinking Healthy Program for VietnamJane Fisher
Jean Hailes Research Unit, School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Global Health 10:37. 2014....
- Grand challenges: integrating maternal mental health into maternal and child health programmesAtif Rahman
University of Liverpool, Institute of Psychology, Health and Society, Child Mental Health Unit, Alder Hey Children s NHS Foundation Trust, Mulberry House, Eaton Road, Liverpool, United Kingdom
PLoS Med 10:e1001442. 2013..Please see later in the article for the Editors' Summary...
- Interventions for common perinatal mental disorders in women in low- and middle-income countries: a systematic review and meta-analysisAtif Rahman
Institute of Psychology, Health and Society, University of Liverpool, Alder Hey Children s Hospital, Mulberry House, Eaton Road, Liverpool, L12 2AP, England
Bull World Health Organ 91:593-601I. 2013..To assess the effectiveness of interventions to improve the mental health of women in the perinatal period and to evaluate any effect on the health, growth and development of their offspring, in low- and middle-income (LAMI) countries...
- Building capacity in mental health interventions in low resource countries: an apprenticeship model for training local providersLaura K Murray
Department of International Health, Johns Hopkins University, Bloomberg School of Public Health, 615 N, Wolfe Street, 8th Floor, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Int J Ment Health Syst 5:30. 2011..abstract:..
- Cognitive behaviour therapy-based intervention by community health workers for mothers with depression and their infants in rural Pakistan: a cluster-randomised controlled trialAtif Rahman
School of Population, Community, and Behavioural Sciences, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Lancet 372:902-9. 2008..We integrated a cognitive behaviour therapy-based intervention into the routine work of community-based primary health workers in rural Pakistan and assessed the effect of this intervention on maternal depression and infant outcomes...
- Improving access to psychological treatments: lessons from developing countriesVikram Patel
Department of Nutrition and Public Health Intervention Research, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, UK
Behav Res Ther 49:523-8. 2011..The implications for these experiences to improving access to psychological treatments in the global context are discussed...
- Mental health in the tropicsA Rahman
Division of Psychiatry, School of Population, Community and Behavioural Sciences, University of Liverpool, Child Mental Health Unit, Alder Hey Children s NHS Foundation Trust, Mulberry House, Eaton Road, Liverpool L12 2AP, U K
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 103:95-110. 2009..Most of all, there needs to be awareness amongst health providers and planners that mental health is an integral part of general health concerns, and that there can be no health without mental health...
- Young, single and not depressed: prevalence of depressive disorder among young women in rural PakistanAtif Rahman
University of Liverpool, Alder Hey Children s NHS Foundation Trust, Liverpool, UK
J Affect Disord 117:42-7. 2009..We aimed to assess the prevalence and correlates of depression in 16 to 18-year old unmarried women in Pakistan...
- Cluster randomized trial of a parent-based intervention to support early development of children in a low-income countryA Rahman
University of Liverpool, School of Population, Community and Behavioural Sciences, Child Mental Health Unit, Alder Hey Children s NHS Foundation Trust, Mulberry House, Eaton Road, Liverpool L12 2AP, UK
Child Care Health Dev 35:56-62. 2009....
- Using cognitive-behavioural techniques to improve exclusive breastfeeding in a low-literacy disadvantaged populationAtif Rahman
Institute of Psychology, Health and Society, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Matern Child Nutr 8:57-71. 2012..Incorporating techniques of CBT into routine counselling may be useful to promote health behaviours in traditional societies with low literacy rates...
- Challenges and opportunities in developing a psychological intervention for perinatal depression in rural Pakistan--a multi-method studyA Rahman
Division of Psychiatry, University of Manchester, Manchester, U K
Arch Womens Ment Health 10:211-9. 2007..We describe lessons learned from a multi-method formative study to develop and deliver a psychological intervention to depressed mothers and their infants through non-specialist village based health workers...
- The association between maternal serious psychological distress and child obesity at 3 years: a cross-sectional analysis of the UK Millennium Cohort DataL Ramasubramanian
Alder Hey Children s NHS Foundation Trust, Hoghton Street Clinic, Southport, UK
Child Care Health Dev 39:134-40. 2013..The objective of the study was to examine the relationship between maternal serious psychological distress and obesity in early childhood...