Affiliation: University of Bristol
- The variant 'his-box' of the C18-Delta9-PUFA-specific elongase IgASE1 from Isochrysis galbana is essential for optimum enzyme activityBaoxiu Qi
School of Biological Sciences, University of Bristol, Woodland Road, BS8 1UG, Bristol, UK
FEBS Lett 547:137-9. 2003..The substrate specificity was shown to be unaffected by these changes suggesting that components of the his-box are not directly responsible for substrate specificity...
- Expression of the Isochrysis C18-delta9 polyunsaturated fatty acid specific elongase component alters Arabidopsis glycerolipid profilesThomas Colin Michael Fraser
School of Biological Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1UG, United Kingdom
Plant Physiol 135:859-66. 2004..The results are further discussed in terms of prokaryotic and eukaryotic pathways of lipid synthesis in plants...
- Identification of a cDNA encoding a novel C18-Delta(9) polyunsaturated fatty acid-specific elongating activity from the docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)-producing microalga, Isochrysis galbanaBaoxiu Qi
School of Biological Sciences, University of Bristol, UK
FEBS Lett 510:159-65. 2002..The results also suggest that a major route for eicosapentaenoic acid (C20:5n-3, Delta(5,8,11,14,17)) and docosahexaenoic acid syntheses in I. galbana may involve a Delta(8) desaturation pathway...
- Production of very long chain polyunsaturated omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids in plantsBaoxiu Qi
School of Biological Sciences, University of Bristol, BS8 1UG, England, UK
Nat Biotechnol 22:739-45. 2004..The accumulation of EPA and AA in transgenic plants is a breakthrough in the search for alternative sustainable sources of fish oils...
- The alternative pathway C20 Delta8-desaturase from the non-photosynthetic organism Acanthamoeba castellanii is an atypical cytochrome b5-fusion desaturaseOlga Sayanova
Rothamsted Research, Harpenden, Herts AL5 2JQ, UK
FEBS Lett 580:1946-52. 2006..This is the first report of an alternative pathway C20 Delta8-desaturase from a non-photosynthetic organism, and also the first report of a front-end desaturase lacking the canonical cytochrome b5 domain...
- Progress toward the production of long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids in transgenic plantsJohnathan A Napier
Rothamsted Research, Harpenden, Herts AL5 2JQ, United Kingdom
Lipids 39:1067-75. 2004..This review will describe recent advances in the production of transgenic plant oils nutritionally enhanced to produce long-chain PUFA...