A Matthew Prina
Affiliation: University of Cambridge
- Association between depression and hospital outcomes among older menA Matthew Prina
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, Cambridge Institute of Public Health, Cambridge University, Cambridge, UK
CMAJ 185:117-23. 2013..We explored this relation prospectively in a large, community-based sample of older men...
- Co-occurrence of anxiety and depression amongst older adults in low- and middle-income countries: findings from the 10/66 studyA M Prina
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, Institute of Public Health, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Psychol Med 41:2047-56. 2011..We therefore investigated the co-occurrence of anxiety and depressive syndromes amongst older adults living in developing countries and measured the separate and joint effect of these two disorders on levels of associated disability...
- Prevalence of anxiety and its correlates among older adults in Latin America, India and China: cross-cultural studyA Matthew Prina
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Cambridge, University Forvie Site, Robinson Way, Cambridge CB2 0SR, UK
Br J Psychiatry 199:485-91. 2011..Anxiety is a common mental disorder among older people who live in the Western world, yet little is known about its prevalence in low- and middle-income countries...
- The association between depressive symptoms and non-psychiatric hospitalisation in older adultsA Matthew Prina
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, Institute of Public Health, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e34821. 2012..methods #entitystartx00026;..
- Hospital costs associated with depression in a cohort of older men living in Western AustraliaA Matthew Prina
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, Institute of Public Health, Cambridge University, UK Western Australia Centre for Health and Ageing, Centre for Medical Research, University of Western Australia Centre for Global Mental Health, Institute of Psychiatry at King s College London, London, UK Electronic address
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 36:33-7. 2014..There is lack of information of the hospital costs related to depression. Here, we compare the costs associated with general hospital admissions over 2 years between older men with and without a documented past history of depression...
- Period, birth cohort and prevalence of dementia in mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan: a meta-analysisYu Tzu Wu
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, Institute of Public Health, Forvie Site, University of Cambridge School of Clinical Medicine, Cambridge, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 29:1212-20. 2014..Several of the established risk factors could have important period and cohort effects. This study explores temporal variation of dementia prevalence in mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan taking study methods into account...
- Operational definitions of successful aging: a systematic reviewTheodore D Cosco
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, Cambridge Institute of Public Health, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Int Psychogeriatr 26:373-81. 2014..Half a century after the inception of the term "successful aging (SA)," a consensus definition has not emerged. The current study aims to provide a comprehensive snapshot of operational definitions of SA...
- Improving access to psychological therapies and older people: findings from the Eastern RegionA Matthew Prina
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, Institute of Public Health, University of Cambridge, Robinson Way, University Forvie Site, Cambridge CB2 0SR, UK NIHR Collaboration for Leadership in Applied Health Research and Care for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough CLAHRC CP, UK King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Health Service and Population Research Department, Centre for Global Mental Health, London SE5 8AF, UK Electronic address
Behav Res Ther 56:75-81. 2014..Evaluations of the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) scheme have not yet focused on minority subgroups. This paper aims to evaluate accessibility, waiting times and clinical outcomes of IAPT for older adults...