Daniel R G Price
Affiliation: University of Durham
- A new chitinase-like xylanase inhibitor protein (XIP) from coffee (Coffea arabica) affects Soybean Asian rust (Phakopsora pachyrhizi) spore germinationErico A R Vasconcelos
EMBRAPA Recursos Geneticos e Biotecnologia, Parque Estação Biológica PqEB Av, W5 Norte Final, Postal box 02372 Brasília, DF 70770 917 Brasil
BMC Biotechnol 11:14. 2011....
- Molecular characterisation of a candidate gut sucrase in the pea aphid, Acyrthosiphon pisumD R G Price
Department of Biology, University of York, P O Box 373, York YO10 5YW, UK
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 37:307-17. 2007..When expressed heterologously in Xenopus embryos, APS1 was membrane-bound and had sucrase activity. It is concluded that APS1 is a dominant, and possibly sole, protein mediating sucrase activity in the aphid gut...
- Functional expression and characterisation of a gut facilitative glucose transporter, NlHT1, from the phloem-feeding insect Nilaparvata lugens (rice brown planthopper)Daniel R G Price
School of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, University of Durham, Durham DH1 3LE, UK
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 37:1138-48. 2007..NlHT1 is therefore likely to play an important role in glucose transport from the gut, and in carbon nutrition in vivo. This is the first report of a facilitative glucose transporter from a phloem-feeding insect pest...
- Cathepsin L-like cysteine proteinase (DcCathL) from Delia coarctata (wheat bulb fly): basis of insecticidal activityPrashant S Pyati
School of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Durham University, South Road, Durham, UK
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 39:535-46. 2009....
- Molecular cloning and immunolocalization of a diuretic hormone receptor in rice brown planthopper (Nilaparvata lugens)D R G Price
University of Durham, Department of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Durham, UK
Insect Mol Biol 13:469-80. 2004..lugens gut on Western blots. Anti-DHR IgG delivered orally to insects was not detected in the haemolymph, and showed no binding to gut or tubules, confirming that DHR N-terminal hormone-binding domain is not exposed to the gut lumen...
- Sweet problems: insect traits defining the limits to dietary sugar utilisation by the pea aphid, Acyrthosiphon pisumA E Douglas
Department of Biology Area 2, University of York, UK
J Exp Biol 209:1395-403. 2006....
- A venom metalloproteinase from the parasitic wasp Eulophus pennicornis is toxic towards its host, tomato moth (Lacanobia oleracae)D R G Price
University of Durham, UK
Insect Mol Biol 18:195-202. 2009..EpMP3 is expressed specifically in venom glands. These results suggest that EpMP3 is a functional component of Eulophus venom, which is able to manipulate host development...