Amudha S Poobalan
Affiliation: University of Aberdeen
- Chronic pain and quality of life following open inguinal hernia repairA S Poobalan
Department of Public Health, University of Aberdeen, Medical School, Aberdeen, UK
Br J Surg 88:1122-6. 2001..The aim was to determine the frequency and characteristics of chronic pain following open inguinal hernia repair and to identify risk factors for its development...
- A review of chronic pain after inguinal herniorrhaphyAmudha S Poobalan
University of Aberdeen Medical School, United Kingdom
Clin J Pain 19:48-54. 2003..Evidence suggests that patients with chronic pain place a considerable burden on health services. However, few scientific data on chronic pain after this common elective operation are available...
- Quantitative assessment of chronic postsurgical pain using the McGill Pain QuestionnaireJulie Bruce
Department of Public Health, University of Aberdeen, Medical School, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Clin J Pain 20:70-5. 2004..Although the MPQ is frequently used as a pain measurement tool, no studies to date have compared the characteristics of chronic post-surgical pain after different surgical procedures using a quantitative scoring method...
- Physical activity attitudes, intentions and behaviour among 18-25 year olds: a mixed method studyAmudha S Poobalan
Public Health Nutrition Research Group, Division of Applied Health Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Polwarth Building, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, AB25 2ZD, UK
BMC Public Health 12:640. 2012..The purpose of this study was to explore physical activity (PA) behaviour among 18-25 year olds with influential factors including attitudes, motivators and barriers...
- Analysis of the UK recommendations on obesity based on a proposed implementation frameworkAmudha S Poobalan
Section of Population Health, Division of Applied Health Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Medical School, Polwarth Building, Aberdeen, UK
BMC Public Health 10:17. 2010..The recommendations, while based on evidence, are not formulated in a way that readily leads to implementation. This paper analyses the recent UK recommendations on obesity using a proposed implementation framework...