Karen P Piper
Affiliation: University of Birmingham
- CXCL10-CXCR3 interactions play an important role in the pathogenesis of acute graft-versus-host disease in the skin following allogeneic stem-cell transplantationKaren P Piper
Cancer Research United Kingdom Institute for Cancer Studies, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Blood 110:3827-32. 2007..These findings indicate that CXCL10 plays a central role in the pathogenesis of skin aGVHD by the recruitment of CXCR3(+) T cells to the sites of inflammation...
- Functional HY-specific CD8+ T cells are found in a high proportion of women following pregnancy with a male fetusKaren P Piper
Cancer Research UK Institute for Cancer Studies, University of Birmingham, Birmingham Women s Hospital, Birmingham, B15 2TT United Kingdom
Biol Reprod 76:96-101. 2007..In conclusion, our data indicate that alloreactive CD8+ T cells are generated frequently following normal pregnancy and retain functional capability for years following pregnancy...
- Fetal microchimerism: the cellular and immunological legacy of pregnancyDavid M Lissauer
Fetal Medicine Centre, Birmingham Women s Foundation Trust and School of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, College of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
Expert Rev Mol Med 11:e33. 2009..The phenomenon of fetal microchimerism thus provokes many questions and promises to offer further insights not only into the biology of pregnancy but fields such as autoimmunity, transplantation biology and oncology...
- Secondary anchor polymorphism in the HA-1 minor histocompatibility antigen critically affects MHC stability and TCR recognitionSarah Nicholls
Cancer Research UK Institute for Cancer Studies, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:3889-94. 2009..Our results define the molecular mechanisms governing immunogenicity of HA-1, and highlight how single amino acid polymorphisms in mHags can critically affect both MHC association and TCR recognition...
- Patients with Wegener's granulomatosis demonstrate a relative deficiency and functional impairment of T-regulatory cellsMatthew D Morgan
Renal Immunobiology, School of Immunity and Infection, College of Medical and Dental Sciences, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
Immunology 130:64-73. 2010..This information is of value in understanding the pathogenesis and potential treatment of this disease...
- Posttransplantation imatinib as a strategy to postpone the requirement for immunotherapy in patients undergoing reduced-intensity allografts for chronic myeloid leukemiaEduardo Olavarria
Department of Haematology, Imperial College, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Blood 110:4614-7. 2007....