Affiliation: University College London
- Comparison of two techniques to postoperatively localize the electrode contacts used for subthalamic nucleus stimulationSerge Pinto
Department of Neurology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Grenoble, and INSERM U318, Neurosciences Précliniques, Grenoble, France
Neurosurgery 60:285-92; discussion 292-4. 2007..To our knowledge, this is the first study attempting to compare the "gold standard" of stereotactic accuracy (Vg) with the anatomic resolution provided by MRI scans...
- Treatments for dysarthria in Parkinson's diseaseSerge Pinto
Sobell Department of Motor Neuroscience and Movement Disorders, Institute of Neurology London, UK
Lancet Neurol 3:547-56. 2004..Due to the variable treatment effects on parkinsonian speech, management of dysarthria is still challenging for the clinician and should be discussed with the patient...
- Changes induced by levodopa and subthalamic nucleus stimulation on parkinsonian speechSerge Pinto
Neurosciences Précliniques, INSERM Unité 318, Grenoble, France
Mov Disord 20:1507-15. 2005..These hypotheses may be helpful for better understanding and management of STN stimulation effects on motor speech and skeleton-motor subsystems...
- Subthalamic nucleus stimulation and dysarthria in Parkinson's disease: a PET studySerge Pinto
INSERM U318, Grenoble, France
Brain 127:602-15. 2004..STN stimulation tends to reverse these abnormal activations, which is consistent with the observed improvement of Parkinson's disease dysarthria...
- Levodopa does not change cerebral vasoreactivity in Parkinson's diseaseAlexandre Krainik
Department of Neuroradiology and MRI, University Hospital of Grenoble, Grenoble, France
Mov Disord 28:469-75. 2013..This negative result is an important finding, especially for neuroscientists using fMRI to investigate motricity and cognition, discarding a significant confounding effect...
- Levodopa effects on hand and speech movements in patients with Parkinson's disease: a FMRI studyAudrey Maillet
Universite Joseph Fourier Grenoble I, Grenoble, France
PLoS ONE 7:e46541. 2012..Our results question both the role of the basal ganglia system in speech production and the modulation of task-dependent cerebral networks by dopaminergic treatment...
- STN stimulation alters pallidal-frontal coupling during response selection under competitionStephane Thobois
Functional Neurosurgery Unit, Sobell Department of Motor Neuroscience and Movement Disorders, Institute of Neurology, London, UK
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 27:1173-84. 2007..This is the first direct evidence that STN stimulation significantly alters pallidal coupling with prefrontal, cingulate, and temporal cortices during performance of a task that requires response selection under competition...
- Functional MRI with active, fully implanted, deep brain stimulation systems: safety and experimental confoundsDavid W Carmichael
Department of Clinical and Experimental Epilepsy, Institute of Neurology, University College London, London, UK
Neuroimage 37:508-17. 2007..Further studies are required to determine the safety of MRI with DBS for other MRI systems, transmit coil configurations and DBS arrangements...
- Effect of bilateral stimulation of the subthalamic nucleus on parkinsonian dysarthriaMichèle Gentil
INSERM, Unit 318, CHU, Service neurologie, BP 217 38043, Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Brain Lang 85:190-6. 2003..We also noted a large beneficial effect on voice with a significant improvement in respiratory and phonatory functions...
- Bilateral subthalamic stimulation effects on oral force control in Parkinson's diseaseSerge Pinto
Service de Neurologie, CHU de Grenoble, BP 217, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 09, France
J Neurol 250:179-87. 2003..Nevertheless, to confirm the persistence of the beneficial effect of STN stimulation on parkinsonian dysarthria, a longitudinal evaluation is still needed...