C A Pilkington
Affiliation: University College London
- Clinical assessment in juvenile idiopathic inflammatory myopathies and the development of disease activity and damage toolsClarissa Pilkington
Great Ormond Street and University College London Hospitals and Juvenile Dermatomyositis Research Centre, Institute of Child Health, Department of Rheumatology JDRC, 30 Guilford Street, London WC1N 1EH, UK
Curr Opin Rheumatol 16:673-7. 2004..These tools have been incorporated into disease activity and damage scores that have been developed by international consensus and are now being evaluated...
- B lymphocyte depletion therapy in children with refractory systemic lupus erythematosusStephen D Marks
Department of Paediatric Nephrology, Institute of Child Health and Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust, London, UK
Arthritis Rheum 52:3168-74. 2005..To determine the safety and efficacy of B lymphocyte depletion therapy in patients with refractory childhood-onset systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)...
- Effectiveness of infliximab in the treatment of refractory juvenile dermatomyositis with calcinosisP Riley
Juvenile Dermatomyositis Research Centre, Institute of Child Health UCL, 30 Guilford Street, London WC1N 1EH, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 47:877-80. 2008..TNF-alpha has been identified in high levels in JDM patients who have a long disease course and calcinosis. We assessed the response of five refractory JDM patients to the anti-TNF-alpha monoclonal antibody, infliximab...
- Intravenous cyclophosphamide pulse therapy in juvenile dermatomyositis. A review of efficacy and safetyP Riley
Juvenile Dermatomyositis Research Centre, Institute of Child Health, Great Ormond Street, London, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 43:491-6. 2004..To assess the efficacy and safety of intravenous cyclophosphamide (CYP) used in severe and refractory juvenile dermatomyositis (JDM)...
- Urinary monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 correlates with disease activity in lupus nephritisStephen D Marks
Nephro Urology Unit, University College London Institute of Child Health, 30 Guilford Street, London, WC1N 1EH, UK
Pediatr Nephrol 25:2283-8. 2010..04). These results provide evidence of increased urinary--but not plasma--MCP-1 levels in children with LN, which correlates well with SLE disease activity as measured by the BILAG index...
- Renal tubular dysfunction in children with systemic lupus erythematosusStephen D Marks
Nephro Urology Unit, Institute of Child Health, 30 Guilford Street, London WC1N 1EH, UK
Pediatr Nephrol 20:141-8. 2005..Evidence of tubular dysfunction in lupus non-nephritis patients may help to identify lupus nephritis prior to the onset of albuminuria...
- Quantitative assessments of the effects of a single exercise session on muscles in juvenile dermatomyositisSusan M Maillard
Juvenile Dermatomyositis Research Centre, Institute of Child Health, University College of London, London, United Kingdom
Arthritis Rheum 53:558-64. 2005..To investigate the short-term effects of exercise on muscle inflammation in children with juvenile dermatomyositis (juvenile DM). Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), muscle strength, and blood parameters were used as outcome measures...
- Biologic therapy in primary systemic vasculitis of the youngDespina Eleftheriou
Rheumatology Department, Institute of Child Health, London, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 48:978-86. 2009..To describe the biologic treatment regimens and report the efficacy and safety of biologic therapies in a multicentre series of children with primary systemic vasculitis (PSV)...
- Clinicopathological correlations of paediatric lupus nephritisStephen D Marks
Nephro Urology Unit, Institute of Child Health, London, UK
Pediatr Nephrol 22:77-83. 2007..73 m(2) in patients with diffuse global sclerosing [class IV-G(C)] LN. The new classification allows expanded histopathological grading of LN with further delineation of classes III and IV with activity and chronicity indices...
- An international consensus survey of the diagnostic criteria for juvenile dermatomyositis (JDM)V E Brown
Juvenile Dermatomyositis Research Centre, Institute of Child Health, University College London, London, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 45:990-3. 2006..To develop revised criteria for the diagnosis of juvenile dermatomyositis (JDM) using an international consensus process...
- [Importance of aggressive treatment in juvenile dermatomyositis]Jelena Vojinovic
Srp Arh Celok Lek 133:118-23. 2005..013) levels were found to be significantly decreased, while there were no significant changes in ESR and ALT. The results of our study support the findings that the aggressive treatment of JDM patients improves their short-term outlook...
- Defining Clinical Improvement in Adult and Juvenile MyositisLisa G Rider
Enviromental Autoimmunity Group, National Institute of Enviromental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Rheumatol 30:603-17. 2003..This workshop is the first of several planned to develop multidisciplinary, international consensus on the conduct and reporting of IIM clinical trials...