Affiliation: University of Southampton
- Psychosocial aspects of DNA testing for hereditary hemochromatosis in at-risk individuals: a systematic reviewJoanna Picot
Southampton Health Technology Assessments Centre, University of Southampton, Southampton, United Kingdom
Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 13:7-14. 2009..To review the psychosocial benefits and harms of DNA testing for HFE-related hereditary hemochromatosis (HH) in at-risk individuals...
- Behavioural interventions for the prevention of sexually transmitted infections in young people aged 13-19 years: a systematic reviewJoanna Picot
Southampton Health Technology Assessments Centre, University of Southampton, First Floor, Epsilon House, Enterprise Road, University of Southampton Science Park, Southampton, SO16 7NS, UK
Health Educ Res 27:495-512. 2012..Further research could draw on one of the more effective studies reviewed and could explore the effectiveness of 'booster' sessions as young people move from adolescence to young adulthood...
- Weight loss surgery for mild to moderate obesity: a systematic review and economic evaluationJoanna Picot
Southampton Health Technology Assessments Centre SHTAC, University of Southampton, Epsilon House, Enterprise Road, Southampton Science Park, Southampton, UK, SO16 7NS
Obes Surg 22:1496-506. 2012..A systematic review and economic evaluation was commissioned to determine the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of bariatric surgery for mild [class I, body mass index (BMI) 30 to 34.99] or moderate (class II, BMI 35 to 39.99) obesity...
- A systematic review of the clinical and cost-effectiveness of memantine in patients with moderately severe to severe Alzheimer's diseaseJoanna Kirby
Southampton Health Technology Assessments Centre SHTAC, University of Southampton, Boldrewood, Southampton, UK
Drugs Aging 23:227-40. 2006..However, the effect of memantine on cognitive scores and behaviour and mood outcomes is less clear. Cost-effectiveness is dependent upon assumptions surrounding clinical effect and context-specific cost data...
- Modelling the cost effectiveness of cholinesterase inhibitors in the management of mild to moderately severe Alzheimer's diseaseColin Green
Southampton Health Technology Assessments Centre, Wessex Institute for Health Research and Development, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Pharmacoeconomics 23:1271-82. 2005..Patients had a mean age of 74 years, a mean disease duration of 1 year and a mean Alzheimer's disease assessment scale-cognitive subscale score of 24...