- Innexins get into the gapP Phelan
Department of Biosciences, University of Kent, Canterbury CT2 7NJ, UK
Bioessays 23:388-96. 2001..The completed genomic sequences for the fly and worm allow identification of the full complement of innexin genes in these two organisms and provide valuable resources for genetic analyses of gap junction function...
- Mutations in shaking-B prevent electrical synapse formation in the Drosophila giant fiber systemP Phelan
Sussex Centre for Neuroscience, School of Biological Sciences, University of Sussex, Brighton, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 16:1101-13. 1996..The mutation shak-B2, which eliminates protein expression, prevents the establishment of dye coupling shaking-B, therefore, is essential for the assembly and/or maintenance of functional gap junctions at electrical synapses in the GFS...
- Drosophila Shaking-B protein forms gap junctions in paired Xenopus oocytesP Phelan
Sussex Centre for Neuroscience, Brighton, UK
Nature 391:181-4. 1998..To our knowledge, this is the first structural component of an invertebrate gap junction to be characterized...
- Innexins: a family of invertebrate gap-junction proteinsP Phelan
Trends Genet 14:348-9. 1998
- Two Drosophila innexins are expressed in overlapping domains and cooperate to form gap-junction channelsL A Stebbings
Sussex Centre for Neuroscience, School of Biological Sciences, University of Sussex, Brighton, BN1 9QG, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Cell 11:2459-70. 2000..We conclude that Dm-Inx2 and Dm-Inx3, which are expressed in overlapping domains during embryogenesis, can form oligomeric gap-junction channels...