Affiliation: University of Glasgow
- Lateral masking, levels of processing and stimulus category: a comparative study between normal and dyslexic readersC Pernet
Center for Cognitive NeuroImaging, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QB, Scotland, United Kingdom
Neuropsychologia 44:2374-85. 2006..Moreover, dyslexic subjects presented an additional categorization deficit that may relate to a specific left-hemispheric disorder...
- Specific, selective or preferential: comments on category specificity in neuroimagingCyril Pernet
Department of Psychology, University of Glasgow, 58 Hillhead Street, Glasgow G12 8QB, UK
Neuroimage 35:991-7. 2007..We review possible alternatives and lay out the experimental conditions required for a conclusive demonstration of category-specific specialization in brain imaging studies...
- Parafoveal-on-foveal and foveal word priming are different processes: behavioral and neurophysiological evidenceC Pernet
Brain Research Unit, Low Temperature Laboratory, Helsinki University of Technology, Finland
Neuroimage 38:321-30. 2007..These results highlight the role of the left hemisphere in linguistic analysis and point out possible limitations of foveal stimulus presentation for drawing conclusions about natural reading...
- When all hypotheses are right: a multifocal account of dyslexiaCyril Pernet
SFC Brain Imaging Research Centre, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Hum Brain Mapp 30:2278-92. 2009....
- Classification images reveal the information sensitivity of brain voxels in fMRIFraser W Smith
Department of Psychology, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
Neuroimage 40:1643-54. 2008..Thus, we can now analyse human brain function in terms of the specific visual information different brain regions process...
- Neural timing of visual implicit categorizationCyril Pernet
INSERM U455, Pavillon Riser, CHU Purpan, 31059 Toulouse, France
Brain Res Cogn Brain Res 17:327-38. 2003..In conclusion, our results suggest that a reduction in neural activity could reflect an improved accuracy in cognitive and cortical processing...
- Selective response to letter categorization within the left fusiform gyrusCyril Pernet
INSERM Unit 455, University Paul Sabatier and Department of Neurology, CHU Purpan, 31059 Toulouse, France
Neuroimage 28:738-44. 2005..specific (i.e. task-independent) neural response...
- Verb and noun generation tasks in Huntington's diseasePatrice Peran
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U 455, Federation de Neurologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Purpan, Toulouse, France
Mov Disord 19:565-71. 2004..The deficit of verb production observed in demented HD patients is discussed in relation to the damage to the motor loop in HD patients at later stages of disease...