A C Perkins
Affiliation: University of Nottingham
- Radionuclide imaging in drug developmentAlan C Perkins
Department of Medical Physics, University Hospital Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
Curr Pharm Des 10:2907-21. 2004..Imaging data are increasingly being used in product registration dossiers for submission to Regulatory Authorities...
- Prevalence and pattern of brown adipose tissue distribution of 18F-FDG in patients undergoing PET-CT in a subtropical climatic zoneAlan C Perkins
Radiological and Imaging Sciences, Medical Physics, Medical School Queen s Medical Centre, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, NG7 2UH, UK
Nucl Med Commun 34:168-74. 2013..Because of the thermal implications of BAT uptake of F-FDG, this study aimed to contribute to existing knowledge by assessing patients scanned in a subtropical environment with particular reference to ethnicity...
- Esophageal transit of the weekly film-coated risedronate (Actonel) placebo tablet in subjects with KyphosisAlan C Perkins
University Hospital, Medical School, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
Int J Pharm 311:20-5. 2006....
- Radiolabelled aptamers for tumour imaging and therapyA C Perkins
Academic Medical Physics, Queen s Medical Centre, The University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK
Q J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 51:292-6. 2007..In this way, a balance can be achieved between the rapid renal clearance and adequate tumour uptake required for diagnostic imaging and targeted therapy...
- Esophageal transit and in vivo disintegration of branded risedronate sodium tablets and two generic formulations of alendronic acid tablets: a single-center, single-blind, six-period crossover study in healthy female subjectsAlan C Perkins
Academic Medical Physics and Wolfson Digestive Diseases Centre, University Hospital, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Clin Ther 30:834-44. 2008....
- The use of scintigraphy to demonstrate the rapid esophageal transit of the oval film-coated placebo risedronate tablet compared to a round uncoated placebo tablet when administered with minimal volumes of waterA C Perkins
Department of Medical Physics and Therapeutics, University Hospital, Queen s Medical Centre, NG7 2UH, Nottingham, UK
Int J Pharm 222:295-303. 2001..This study demonstrates that tablet size, shape and coating are pharmaceutical parameters which can be controlled to minimize esophageal contact of a dosage form with esophageal tissue...
- Oesophageal transit, disintegration and gastric emptying of a film-coated risedronate placebo tablet in gastro-oesophageal reflux disease and normal control subjectsA C Perkins
University Hospital, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 15:115-21. 2001..Risedronate sodium is a pyridinyl bisphosphonate, proven effective for the treatment and prevention of postmenopausal osteoporosis and glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis and Paget's disease of the bone...
- Targeting superficial bladder cancer by the intravesical administration of copper-67-labeled anti-MUC1 mucin monoclonal antibody C595O D Hughes
Departments of Urology and Pathology, City Hospital, Nottingham, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 18:363-70. 2000..This study assessed the ability of copper-67 ((67)Cu)-C595 murine antimucin monoclonal antibody to bind selectively to superficial bladder tumors when administered intravesically, with a view to its development for therapy...
- Bedside nuclear medicine investigations in the intensive care unitA C Perkins
Department of Medical Physics, University Hospital, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
Nucl Med Commun 18:262-8. 1997..The administration of radiopharmaceuticals via indwelling lines and tubes presented particular problems and we recommend that parenteral injections should not be given through manifold giving set, or via Teflon cannulae...
- Effect of resin surface charge on gastric mucoadhesion and residence of cholestyramineS J Jackson
Department of Surgery, University Hospital, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
Int J Pharm 205:173-81. 2000..The surface charge of the resin was found to have a contributory role. These materials may have potential for the delivery of drugs in the topical treatment of the gastric mucosa, for example in the eradication of Helicobacter pylori...
- Comparative scintigraphic assessment of the intragastric distribution and residence of cholestyramine, Carbopol 934P and sucralfateS J Jackson
Department of Surgery, University Hospital, Queen s Medical Centre, NG7 2UH, Nottingham, UK
Int J Pharm 212:55-62. 2001....
- Body water compartment measurements: a comparison of bioelectrical impedance analysis with tritium and sodium bromide dilution techniquesJ A Simpson
Section of Surgery, University Hospital, Queen's Medical Centre, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
Clin Nutr 20:339-43. 2001..CONCLUSION: TBW measurements obtained using the single frequency BIA device were more accurate than those obtained using the dual frequency BIA device. Dual frequency BIA provided a reasonably accurate estimate of ECW...
- Imaging for staging bladder cancer: a clinical study of intravenous 111indium-labelled anti-MUC1 mucin monoclonal antibody C595O D Hughes
Department of Urology, City Hospital, Nottingham, UK
BJU Int 87:39-46. 2001..Some lesions shown by mAb imaging were not detected by other methods. The use of mAb imaging has the potential to improve clinical staging and assist in selecting those patients most likely to benefit from radical therapy...
- The effects of bolus and continuous nasogastric feeding on gastro-oesophageal reflux and gastric emptying in healthy volunteers: a randomised three-way cross-over studyT E Bowling
Department of Gastroenterology, Nottingham University Hospitals, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
Proc Nutr Soc 67:E110. 2008
- Effects of a 5-HT(3) antagonist, ondansetron, on fasting and postprandial small bowel water content assessed by magnetic resonance imagingL Marciani
Nottingham Digestive Diseases Centre, Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, University of Nottingham, UK
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 32:655-63. 2010..We hypothesized that slowing of transit with ondansetron would lead to an increase in SBWC by inhibiting fasting motility...
- Effect of salt and water balance on recovery of gastrointestinal function after elective colonic resection: a randomised controlled trialDileep N Lobo
Section of Surgery, University Hospital, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
Lancet 359:1812-8. 2002..We aimed to determine the effect of salt and water balance on recovery of gastrointestinal function after elective colonic resection in human beings...
- The effect of the nasal cycle on mucociliary clearanceR J Soane
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Nottingham, UK
Clin Otolaryngol Allied Sci 26:9-15. 2001..5 : 1 (SEM +/- 0.5). It can be concluded that the nasal cycle has a marked effect on the mucociliary clearance patterns of the nose. This may have both theoretical and practical implications for the nasal delivery of drugs...
- Production and characterization of 188Re-C595 antibody for radioimmunotherapy of transitional cell bladder cancerA Murray
Department of Medical Physics, Medical School, Queen's Medical Centre, Nottingham, United Kingdom
J Nucl Med 42:726-32. 2001..Its ability to localize in tumors both in an ex vivo model and after intravesical administration to patients has been shown. This approach will now be extended for the therapy of superficial bladder cancer...
- Effect of a novel 5-HT3 receptor agonist MKC-733 on upper gastrointestinal motility in humansN S Coleman
Division of Gastroenterology, School of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University Hospital, Nottingham, UK
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 18:1039-48. 2003..Although 5-HT3 antagonists have been used to treat chemotherapy-induced emesis and diarrhoea-predominant irritable bowel syndrome, the effects of 5-HT3 agonists in humans are unknown...
- Comparison of lateral thermal spread using monopolar and bipolar diathermy, the Harmonic Scalpel and the LigasureP A Sutton
Division of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Nottingham University Hospitals, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
Br J Surg 97:428-33. 2010..Electrosurgery for dissection and haemostasis should be associated with minimal thermal spread to surrounding tissues. This study investigated lateral thermal spread following ex vivo application of four commonly utilized instruments...
- Preparation of Tc-99m-macroaggregated albumin from recombinant human albumin for lung perfusion imagingA P Hunt
Department of Medical Physics, University Hospital, Nottingham, UK
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 62:26-31. 2006..Our findings confirm that rHA shows significant potential as a direct replacement for HSA in commercially available MAA...
- Does simple estimation of 131I-metaiodobenzylguanidine uptake in patients with neural crest tumours correlate with clinical outcome?S L Smith
Department of Radiology, Queens Medical Centre, City Hospital, Nottingham, UK
Nucl Med Commun 22:257-60. 2001..Estimated doses were between 7 and 113 Gy. Most significantly, our findings indicate that high tumour uptake did not always correlate with good clinical response...
- Immunoscintigraphy of small-cell lung cancer: a study using technetium and indium labelled anti-carcinoembryonic antigen monoclonal antibody preparationsC H MacMillan
Department of Clinical Oncology, General Hospital, Nottingham, UK
Br J Cancer 67:1391-4. 1993..Using the In-111-labelled antibody seven out of ten patients (nine out of 18 sites) gave positive scans; with the Tc-99m-labelled antibody these were obtained in nine out of 18 patients (nine out of 20 sites)...
- In vitro assessment of the mucoadhesion of cholestyramine to porcine and human gastric mucosaS J Jackson
Department of Surgery, University Hospital, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 52:121-7. 2001..It is suggested that particle size does not contribute to this mucoadherent behaviour but the surface charge of the resin has a significant part to play...
- Reproducibility and normal ranges for gastric emptying in normal volunteers using a test meal designed for post-operative patientsD N Lobo
Section of Surgery, University Hospital, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
Nucl Med Commun 23:97-101. 2002..The modified test meal gave reproducible results in healthy volunteers; however, solid phase emptying was significantly faster than that of the bulkier test meal in historical subjects...
- The effects of bolus and continuous nasogastric feeding on gastro-oesophageal reflux and gastric emptying in healthy volunteers: a randomised three-way crossover pilot studyTim E Bowling
Department of Gastroenterology, Wolfson Digestive Diseases Centre, Nottingham University Hospitals, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, NG7 2UH, UK
Clin Nutr 27:608-13. 2008..We aimed to measure gastric emptying time and quantify gastro-oesophageal reflux in healthy volunteers given a liquid feed via an oral bolus (OB), a nasogastric tube bolus (TB) and a nasogastric tube drip (TD)...
- Precise localisation of osteoblastoma with SPET/CTJames D Birchall
Nuclear Medicine Clinic, Department of Medical Physics, A Floor, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 31:308. 2004
- Gastric emptying of solids in normal children--a preliminary reportShailinder Jit Singh
Department of Paediatric Surgery, University Hospital, Queen s Medical Centre, NG7 2UH Nottingham, UK
J Pediatr Surg 41:413-7. 2006..The aim of this study was to establish the range of normal gastric emptying in children aged between 5 and 10 years with a Tc 99m-labelled solid meal acceptable to most of the children...
- Polymer conjugates for imagingAlan C Perkins
Academic Medical Physics, University of Nottingham, Medical School, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, NG7 2UH, UK
Adv Exp Med Biol 519:195-205. 2003
- Abnormalities of 5-hydroxytryptamine metabolism in irritable bowel syndromeSimon P Dunlop
Division of Gastroenterology, University Hospital, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 3:349-57. 2005..Mucosal 5-HT-containing enterochromaffin cells (EC) are increased in postinfectious IBS (PI-IBS). Our aim was to define the postprandial release of 5-HT in PI-IBS and C-IBS patients and to relate this to mucosal 5-HT turnover...
- In vitro disintegration and dissolution studies of once-weekly copies of alendronate sodium tablets (70 mg) and in vivo implicationsRichard J Dansereau
Procter and Gamble Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Mason, OH 45040 9462, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 24:1137-45. 2008..The aim of this study was to evaluate the in vitro disintegration and dissolution of 26 alendronic acid tablets (70 mg) on the market in Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom compared to the branded product (Fosamax)...
- Abnormalities of GI transit in bloated irritable bowel syndrome: effect of bran on transit and symptomsJohn M Hebden
Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospital Nottingham, United Kingdom
Am J Gastroenterol 97:2315-20. 2002..The aim of our study was to determine whether IBS patients with bloating responded to bran differently from healthy controls...
- Mobile PET in the UK: legislative, regulatory and cost-effectiveness considerationsSiew C Chua
Department of Nuclear Medicine and Radiology Medical Physics, Nottingham University Hospital, Queen s Campus Medical Physics, Nottingham University Hospital, City Campus, UK
Nucl Med Commun 29:98-102. 2008..This article highlights the legislative, administrative and practical issues relevant to the UK and also discusses some of the practical issues that need to be addressed to ensure the operation of a safe and effective PET service...
- Evaluation of Pulsincap to provide regional delivery of dofetilide to the human GI tractHoward N E Stevens
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Strathclyde, 27 Taylor Street, G4 0NR, Glasgow, UK
Int J Pharm 236:27-34. 2002..The combination of scintigraphic and pharmacokinetic analysis permits identification of the site of drug release from the dosage form and pharmacokinetic parameters to be studied in man in a non-invasive manner...
- Validity of 13C octanoic acid breath test for measurement of solid meal gastric emptying time in childrenB Eradi
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Leicester Royal Infirmary, LE1 5WW Leicester, UK
J Pediatr Surg 41:2062-5. 2006..The aim of this study was to validate GE(13C) with GE(Tc) and to explore whether GE(13C) could be used to establish a physiologic range of GE in children...
- Cytotoxicity of PAI2, C595 and Herceptin vectors labeled with the alpha-emitting radioisotope Bismuth-213 for ovarian cancer cell monolayers and clustersYan J Song
Centre for Experimental Radiation Oncology, Cancer Care Centre, St George Hospital, Gray St, Kogarah, 2217 NSW, Australia
Cancer Lett 234:176-83. 2006..These ACs are potential candidates for the control of ovarian cancer at the minimum residual disease (MRD) stage...
- Results of the European Survey on Anaemia Management 2003 (ESAM 2003): current status of anaemia management in dialysis patients, factors affecting epoetin dosage and changes in anaemia management over the last 5 yearsClaude Jacobs
Service de Nephrologie, Hopital de la Pitie, Salpetriere, 83 Boulevard de l hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 20:iii3-24. 2005....
- LEAPT: lectin-directed enzyme-activated prodrug therapyMark A Robinson
Chemistry Research Laboratory, Department of Chemistry, University of Oxford, Mansfield Road, Oxford OX1 3TA, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:14527-32. 2004....