Affiliation: University of Aberdeen
- Smallpox and bioterrorismHugh Pennington
Department of Medical Biology, University of Aberdeen, Medical School Building, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, United Kingdom
Bull World Health Organ 81:762-7. 2003..The need for rapid diagnosis and the continued importance of maintaining a network of electron microscopes for this purpose are also highlighted...
- Politics, media and microbiologistsHugh Pennington
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, UK
Nat Rev Microbiol 2:259-62. 2004
- A slippery disease: a microbiologist's viewT H Pennington
Medical School Building, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD
BMJ 332:789-90. 2006
- Molecular typing methods for Neisseria meningitidisD E Yakubu
Department of Medical Microbiology, Aberdeen University Medical School, Foresterhill
J Med Microbiol 48:1055-64. 1999..It assesses the importance of these techniques and examines the epidemiological questions that they answer and also their limitations...
- Molecular typing of Toxoplasma gondii strains by GRA6 gene sequence analysisA Fazaeli
Deparment of Medical Microbiology, University of Aberdeen, Medical School, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, UK
Int J Parasitol 30:637-42. 2000..gondii. The existence of polymorphic restriction sites for endonuclease MseI was used to develop a PCR-RFLP method which could simply differentiate the three different groups (types I, II, III) of T. gondii...
- Long-term survival of Escherichia coli O157 on pasture following an outbreak associated with sheep at a scout campI D Ogden
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, UK
Lett Appl Microbiol 34:100-4. 2002..To monitor the decay of E. coli O157 in soil (loamy sand) on a scout campsite following an outbreak in humans...
- Escherichia coli O157Hugh Pennington
University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, UK
Lancet 376:1428-35. 2010....
- Origin of bovine spongiform encephalopathyHugh Pennington
Lancet 367:298; author reply 298-9. 2006